3-20-19

The snow falls silently outside. It's been snowing since midnight, but I was too restless to realise how early I had woken up. The snow flakes danced on my walls as the moon shone between them. Of course this late into December there was snow before, but it was blizzards. Today was calm. I've always preferred snow over rain, maybe it's the sound that both make, or maybe it's the colours. The kettle starts to scream and I walk over from my window to the stove. My floorboards creak lightly as my feet step on them. I feel like I'm floating. As if clouds themselves are below me and I'm by the moon. I pour myself some water and lightly dunk a tea bag through the steam. The smell of perfect chamomile and lavender fill my nose as I walk to the couch. I sit in front of the enormous patio doors. Each snowflake I see becoming more and more a blob on the ground. Perched atop the trees sits the moon. Casting light to the mass of snow and creating shadow to the forest. I sip silently and let my mind wander. I imagine the Earth from where the moon is. No life, just greens and blues. The problems of the Earth so insignificant from afar. My problems so insignificant from afar. After three minutes I reach the bottom of the tea, and instead of refilling my glass, I set it on the table next to me. I'm tired for once in my life. I close my eyes and fall asleep to the falling snow..