Will you go to prom with me?

My heart stopped when I saw Cole walking toward me with a huge banner. The fine blue paper was covered in glitter and splashes of purple. Two girls, Abby and Kennedy, walked behind him holding beautiful orange daisies. I could feel my knees buckle, so I reached for the wall to steady myself. He continued to inch closer. My palms grew sweaty. I could hear the ticks of the clock in the hall. I seemed like minutes grew into hours. Finally, he was standing right in front of me with a huge dorky grin on his face. He began to unroll the banner and Abby grabbed one end. Together they spread it out until it was legible.
Sully wouldn't have anything, if he didn't have you at prom. Come to prom with me?
The handwriting was messy but it was not as bad as it normally was. It was noticeable that he tried and put in a huge amount of effort for this poster. I didn't even know he knew my favorite movie was, Monster's Inc. Cole grabbed the flowers from Kennedy and held them out to me.
"Raiea, it would mean so much if you went to prom with me." His soft, deep voice broke me out of my shock.

My mouth didn't want to form words. My face grew hot, a sign that I was blushing. "I-I would love to go to prom with you!" I finally managed to spit it out. I grabbed the flowers and brought them to my nose. He even got my favorite flowers.
His grin turned into a huge Cheshire Cat smile. I couldn't help but smile just as big. He reached down and pulled me into a huge hug. The shock only lasted a moment. I imagined this day for such a long time. The huge crowd that had formed around us was oo-ing and ah-ing. My dream was finally coming true!
Suddenly a new image formed in my mind. I was slow dancing with Cole in my B. Darlin black dress. With every step I took the long train in the back would flow behind me. My gold heels made me two inches taller. The gold crown on my head glittered in the lights. My hair was up in a messy bun that complimented my face. I felt like the princess I always wanted to be. I was truly happy. With Cole by my side the night was perfect. I was finally living my dream!