The Date (Jeremy's POV)

That afternoon when I get to his house. A tall boy greets me at the door. (Rich's brother?) He directs me up to Rich's room, up the stairs and at the end of the hallway. As I walk down the hall I hear nightcore Every Time We Touch playing from his room. I put my hand on the door handle and start to turn and I hear scrambling to turn it off.
"Hey tall-ath," he says, face bright red.
"Was that nightcore Every Time We Touch?"
"Hell yeah," he says trying not to look embarrassed.
"Can you turn it back on?"
"Uh thure?" he says, a bit confused. The next song is Taylor Swift.
"Do you like this music?" I ask.
"Yeah," he says looking down, "is it okay with you?" He turns to look at me.
"Yeah of course, this is cool."

He turns on his Xbox and loads up the game. Michael and I are better teammates, but Rich and I are doing ok. Rich takes off his jacket. His arms are covered with burns. I knew he'd had them but I hadn't actually seen them.
"Can I ask you something, kinda personal," I ask.
"I gueth," he lisps.
"Were you wearing a jacket the past few days to cover your arms?"
"Yeah..." he says, trailing off. It seems like he doesn't want to talk about it so I leave it alone.
We beat the level and Rich asks, "Hey, can I kith you?"
"Uh-" I start before he pulls me into a lip lock. He must've learned a lot from the squip, he's really good. Rich makes me realize I'm definitely bi. We bump my phone somehow and it takes a picture, a surprisingly clear one. We pull away.
"I'm definitely bi," I whisper, blushing.
"Well duh." He smiles at me. We sit in silence for a minute.
"I'm gonna go use the restroom."

I leave and head down the hall towards the restroom. I go in and start texting Michael. I accidentally click the photo button and add the picture of me and Rich. I accidentally click send while trying to delete it. Before I can unsend it, Michael sees it.
—————
Player1: Jeremy I didn't know you were gay?

Jerebear: Bi

Player1: are you and Rich a thing now?

Jerebear: idk, maybe?

Player1: I'm SO sharing it with the squip squad

Jerebear: NO NO DONT

Player1: too late, I'll make sure Jenna doesn't post it tho
—————
Group Name: Tea time

Player1: GUYS GUYS <attachment.png>

Player1: also don't post it anywhere or else I will personally assassonate you

p!nkb3rry: called it

jennarolancalling: screw u michael

JakeyD: I didn't know Rich was into dudes

jennarolancalling: did u see my tweets

JakeyD: yeah I just assumed they were just gossip

i<3playrehearsal: I guess jeremy doesn't wanna go out with me anymore

i<3playrehearsal: but I'm happy for him! <3
—————
I come back from the bathroom and Rich is zoned out on his bed, staring blissfully at the ceiling.
"Hey Rich," I say hesitantly. He sits up.
"Yeah?"
"Are we-Uh- a 'thing'?"
"Yeah- well I mean if you want uth to be"
I stand there awkwardly for a minute. I go to sit next to Rich and we start up a game.
"If I beat you, you have kith me," he says.
"You're on!"
Rich beats me.
"Shoot."
"Come here tall-ath," he says, jokingly. He tackles me and starts kissing me all over. He gets to my stomach and starts doing raspberries.
"Stop! Stop! That tickles!" I said through laughter.
"Okay okay," he said smiling.

He lays down across my lap and I start running my hands through his hair. It's surprisingly soft for how much it gets gelled.
"Y-you know how you always bullied me?"
"Yeah, uh, thorry, by the way."
"I-if you don't mind me asking, why do you suddenly like me now?"
"I-uh... my thquip... I liked you, kinda, frethman year, and when I got my thquip, it made me bully you, to get popular and to teach me a lethon."
"Oh, I guess I understand."
"What about you?"
"OH-I-I DON'T KNOW-I-"
"Chill dude," he says trying to calm me.
"Well uh, I was worried about you, after the hospital, and bros who squip together stick together. Right?"
"Right."
He pulls my face down from where he's laying into a kiss.
"You're good at thith tall-ath," he says flirtily.

I can't believe I'm dating this guy.