Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I feel myself heating up when her hand touched my crotch.

What the fucking hell?!

Shocked was an understatement. Horrified is the right term. I'm used to this overseas but here? I don't expect someone as aggressive as her.

I moved backward. She pouted like a little child. Her eyes screamed innocence but don't be a fool to it. Innocence doesn't seem to fit her at all.

"You're really having a boner. You can't deny it already."

Fuck! She's so blunt. She's definitely not my type of woman.

"Don't do it again. You have no right over me." I said with a serious expression on my face.

She laughed. "Huwag ka ngang pa virgin! Daig mo pa ako."

I don't get her. Only the virgin part. But it doesn't seemed to be a good choice of words. I can tell without fully understanding it.

"Ang cute mo. Nahihiya kaba?"

She inched closer. I raised a hand to stop her.

Fuck!

"I'm going. You stay here if you want."

"Wha- what?!" Her eyes wide, lips a bit parted. "Iiwan mo ako dito? No way!" She even snapped. "Sasama muna ako sayo!"

My head's aching. This will lead us nowhere.

"Stay here. For now."

She stomped her foot like a baby.

"I dont want to! Can't you just tag me along?"

Tag her? Is she serious? She doesn't even know me.

"Just do what I say. This is what's best for you." Her life is still in danger. Tanjuatco's men are still on the loose. I can't secure her safety if she's this hardheaded. She can't stay in one place. My men are telling me that she's being curious and inquisitive all the time. She likes being Detective Conan.

Her brows creased. "Best for me? How can you say that?"

I didn't answer her. Less talk. Less mistake.

"You can stay here. Say, for a month?" Her brows arched. Damn. She's lovely but I won't tell her that. "It's already paid. Once you had enough of this vacation, you can leave and go to whoever your best friend is." I don't have plan B or C. For now. It's either she say yes to this or I'm gonna be doomed.

"Fine."

Fuck. I almost cursed out loud because she gave in. I'm kinda expecting another round of banter from her.

"Behave. Just behave, missy."

I don't expect her to behave. That's why I need some precautionary measures. After securing the cottage and talking to some of my men, I left her all alone.

Kunot na kunot ang noo ko nang tuluyan ng makalabas ng cottage yung crush kong suplado. I'm wondering, real hard this time. There's something with what he said awhile ago. May alam ba siya? May alam ba siya sa nangyayari sa akin?

Umiling ako. I'm sure I'm just being delusional right now. Or maybe overthinking too.

Ibinaba ko ang mga paa sa sahig. Napangiti ako nang maalala kung paano niya ako ginamot kanina. Gosh. I'm so kilig. His touch is so soft. Wala kasi sa mukha ang pagiging softy niya.

I'm so bobo rin kasi. I should have asked Sadie his name. Maybe she knows. Bodyguard naman kasi siya ni Alessandro.

I tried to dial Sadie's number. Napangiwi ako. Unavailable na naman. Baka busy na sa pakikipaglandian kay Alessandro. I'm sure they're gonna patch things up together. When I saw Alessandro awhile ago, I noticed how smitten he is with my bestfriend. Yung tingin niya kasi. Sobrang in love. Maybe my bestfriend's blind enough to see it because she's still in pain. At saka galit parin dito si Sadie. That's understandable though. He hurts her bigtime.