016 ;; seungri's scandal

i haven't yet spoken out about this situation mostly because i wasn't exactly sure what was happening myself.
now that i'm educated, somewhat at least, i can explain.

ok so, Seungri is basically the face of this night club in korea, as well as many others, that goes by the name of "Burning Sun." the only known reason he was there was because of he DJ career.

from what i know, seungri basically was most literally supplying prostitutes through the club. prostitution is very illegal in korea. the club would drug these girls, and while under the influence they would basically be sex slaves. this is in fact rape.

so there was a groupchat with people who were involved with this scandal, including zico and a few others. a publicist somehow got screenshots of the groupchat, and released them to the public. seungri, who was on tour in japan at the time, claimed that the screenshots were fake. the allegations only got worse from here. seungri had nothing to worry about until korean police later confirmed that the screenshots weren't fabricated, and that they were real.
seungri then took to instagram to announce his retirement to save BigBang and YG's reputation. he didn't discuss his retirement with YG, he just did it.

now i've seen this opinion in a lot of places, but why would seungri leave yg entertainment, and the whole industry as a whole, if he was innocent? just a thought.

for the VIP's who are probably confused, and still somehow defending seungri, you're honestly making a fool of yourselves.

please pray that all of the people who were involved are brought to justice, and also pray for the victims. i cant imagine the horror.