A3

ARCENNY

"Uh, hi. Do you still maybe, uhm, like do you still remember me? I was the girl that... Ugh, I give up. So, yeah. Hi." Nahihiya niyang pagsimula nang konbersasyon.

He smiled a little.

"Yes, I do remember you. And I hope you don't forget about this Saturday, 3 PM right?" namula siya't tumango. She was in a daze, and didn't notice na sinarhan na siya ni Tres ng pinto.

Nung narealize na niya, napa-facepalm nalang siya sa sarili niya. She forgot to give the cookies! 'Aish, stupid!'. She hesitated whether or not she should knock again (and actually give him the cookies this time 'round).

'Ah, bahala na nga si Batman.' Like a thick-skinned person, she knocked again – kahit na namumula pa din ang mukha niya dahil sa hiya.

Bumukas ulit ang pinto at makikita mong tila ba nakataas ang isang kilay ni Tres, tila nagtatanong kung bakit nanaman siya nito iniistorbo.

'Mukha siyang babae! A cute one.' Isip niya, pero agad niya itong winala kasi baka kuno mabasa ni Tres ang isip niya at ipatapon siya sa labas nang universe.

'Paano nalang ang date nila?'

'Wait, what? Date?! No, no, no. What are you thinking! It's not a date! Just a show of gratitude. Get that through your head, Arcenny.'

Pinagalitan niya ang sarili dahil sa kaniyang iniisip. Tumikhim si Tres at dun niya naalalang ibibigay niya pala ang cookies. Inabot niya ang lalagayan nito kay Tres,

"Here, cookies. A home-welcoming gift of some sort. Please take care of me." Sabay yukod niya like how the Japanese do. Kinuha naman ni Tres, at dun na niya itinigil ang pag yukod at inayos niya ang kaniyang postura – tila bang hindi siya galling yumukod.

"So you're Japanese?" tanong nito sakanya dahil sa inasal niya – pagkatapos nitong tanggapin ang cookies.

"Ah, no. I'm just fond of them actually. Lalo na sa anime." At kung anime palang siya, for sure nagt-twinkle na ang kaniyang mga mata at naghugis bituin na ang mga ito.

Hindi niya alam dahil sa ginawa niyang facial expression, Tres found her quite cute and interesting.

"So, Saturday?" tanong nito – he definitely asked this before – tila bang naninigurado kung matutuloy nga.

"Definitely." She beamed at him. And that finishes of today's adventure, usal niya sa sarili.

Thursday, August 17, 20xx

"Ciel, sorry about yesterday." Hinging paumanhin ni Ylejia sakanya.

"Okay lang Ylej, alam mo naman sanay na ako sa biglaang emergency situation nayan." Kahit anong paulit-ulit niyang sabi na ayos lang, hindi niya parin makumbinse ang kaibigan. Napapabuntong hininga nalang siya. At umulit pa ang ganiyang eksenahan hanggang sa nakumbinse na niya talaga si Ylejia na ayos lang talaga.

"Onga pala, pabalik na daw si Caprie." Biglang sambit nito habang ngumunguya ito ng pagkain.

Muntik na siyang mabilaukan sa biglang anunsyo nito.

"What?! Why wasn't I made aware of this?!"

Ylejia stared blankly at her. "You just were." Now it was her turn na mapatanga.

Right... bakit ba parang lutang na lutang siya ngayon at naging slow processor of information.

"Ah, right. Kelan daw?" tanong niya.

"Bukas. Mga ala una y medya nang hapon." Napatanga ulit siya.

"C-cutting tayo?!" Ylejia just gave her a 'duh' look. Right, hoe's before anything else. Since babalik na si Caprielle bukas, I guess it's time for her to tell them about what happened that Monday afternoon and what will happen this Saturday afternoon.

Friday, August 18, 20xx @ 1; 00 PM

" Caprieelle, Amishuuuuuuuuuuuu" sabay na bigkas nila ni Ylejia. In her social circle of bestfriend's there were three people involved in it – aside from her ofcourse.

The first was Ylejia Valentina Fox, and there was also Capryse Brielle Cavelli , and lastly Blisstina Francesa Francia.

(Fact: Brielle and Bliss's soon-to-be story is actually loosely based from the script of our musical play for MAPEH.)

Though, both Bliss and Caprie went overseas, only Bliss's cousins – Caprie's barkada – remained. Red Blossom, Green Buttercup, and Blue Bubbles Francia. And now, the time has come where Caprielle finally returns.

"Aaaaaaaaah, amishu guyses too ya know? Sobrang nakakasura ang pagmumukha ni Fran!" biro nito. Natawa nalang sila ni Yej (Ylejia). Same old, same old.

"Anyway, highway, samahan niyo ko sa Café Eleiz."

"Dating gawi?"

"Dating gawi."

After 3 years, they've finally came back here. This place holds a lot of memories fr the four of them. Bittersweet memories. The last they ever set foor here was when Blisstina and Caprielle told Ylejia and her that they were leaving overseas with their families. Arcenny was brought out of her reverie when a cup of mocha blend was set in front of her, she looked at who the perpetrator was, and it was Caprielle.

"You still like mocha right?" tanong nito. Kiming napangiti nalang si Arcenny, at tumango. Though, she swore she saw Ylejia giving her a pointed look.

Hesitant, she brought it to her lips, to have a taste of the forbidden fruit – but was stopped by Ylejia who was now worried.

"You don't have to force yourself, Cennedy." Seryoso nitong sambit.

"It's fine, Valentina."

Nagtataka naman si Brielle sa kinikilos nila.

"What's happening? Did I do something wrong?" takang tanong nito. Both Cennedy and Ylejia shook their head, indicating no, but it still left her to feel suspicious, lalo na't pinagpalit ni Ylejia and drinks nilang dalawa.

"Ah, hindi mo na ba gusto ang mocha? Sorry. Onga naman, people change."

They just went with what Brielle assumed, since it didn't matter anyway – not anymore. What's done is already done, you can't change the pass.

Sa kalagitnaan ng pagmemeryenda, may naalala bigla si Arcenny.

"Ay! Onga pala!" biglang sambit niya.

Binigyan siya ni Ylejia at Brielle ng nagtatakang tingin.

"May date ako bukas." She casually said, as if she was just stating that the weather was nice today. Habang ang dalawa naman ay nagaluntang sa bigla niyang sinabi. Disbelief was written on their faces – temporarily forgetting to wear the masks they were supposed to don.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?! I can't believe this?!When did this happen?!" with exclamation na react ni Ylejia, parang inang manok na sobrang protective sa bagong pisa niyang mga itlog.

Si Brielle naman, nagloloading parin, parang hindi nag-register sakanya ang sinabi.

Ya's Note: Please do take note that this is unedited and I apologize for the inconsistency of the usage of ng and nang. Since it's not my mother tongue and I'm still familiarizing myself with the usage of it.