Rewritten Fate

*14 YEARS BEFORE THE ENCOUNTER*

"How's Ruby doing?" Tai whispered quietly as he leaned onto the door frame. Al was leaning on the wall just outside the door as Summer clutched onto both Yang and Ruby, trying her best to get them to fall asleep.

"Well...they're strong kids. Kids half their age would be unable to even think straight after something like that, let alone sleep." Al rubbed tired eyes. "I'm sorry Tai, they should've never had to go through this at such a young age."

"It's not your fault Al." Tai placed a comforting hand on his shoulder with a heartwarming smile. "We all made the decision to leave them here. We couldn't have guessed what Yang was going to do. I'm just glad you taught Y/N right from wrong."

"Yeah I wonder about that sometimes." Al grumbled before leaning his head back and closing his eyes. He began to hear Ruby stirring again as Summer hummed a tune to get her to calm down. Yang grabbed onto her mom like she was about to disappear as Summer looked into Tai's eyes painfully. Tai softened his gaze before nodding and shutting the door softly.

"You wanna grab a drink downstairs? Summers going to be with the kids all night." Tai motioned to the stairs. "Think Qrow is back for a bit too."

"The old trio getting drunk together again? Sounds like something I should stay the hell away from." Al smirked as Tai chuckled to himself. "Meet you downstairs in a few, I'm gonna check on Y/N."

Walking down the hallway a bit, Al went down to Y/N's room and lightly knocked. Before going in he placed an ear to the door and listened.

"...and then it was like I became a hero...a real superhero..."

He smiled to himself sadly at the innocent nature of his only remaining family. He felt his heart tug, knowing he could never fully tell Y/N the truth about what had happened back there. Opening the door he was greeted to Y/N sitting in Goodwitch's lap playing with two superhero action figures while she held two villains.

"That's amazing Y/N." Goodwitch smiled bright at him before looking up to see Al. She blushed before clearing her throat and placing Y/N on the ground next to her and standing up rigidly. "Ahem...Alexander."

"Glynda." Al smirked. "Playing heroes and villains are we?"

"I-I am doing no such thing." Glynda straightened out her skirt. "I am a-"

"Ooh! Ooh! Do your evil voice auntie!" Y/N jumped up and down happily. Al grinned wider than ever before as he leaned against the door.

"Auntie?" Al cocked an eyebrow. "So we've gone that far into this eh Glyn?"

"Alexander!" Glynda grit her teeth. "Enough of this, Y/N I'm going to go with the adults now alright? Continue without me."

"Okay!" Y/N said happily as he sat back down. Glynda smiled down at him before walking past Al. However, she felt a small pinch on her behind and went beet red. Her riding crop came out and she almost broke it in half before Al quickly shut the door behind him.

"Hey kid." Al approached Y/N and sat down next to him. "How ya holding up? Having fun with Glyn?"

"Yeah, a lot of fun." Y/N said making his action figures fight. "It's so cool seeing you guys together, it's like real life superheroes!"