Outplayed

Chapter 7: Outplayed.

Sheriff Porter.

"We have held him for 46 hours. Sheriff you have 2 hours to actually charge him or we have to let him go."

"Holden, I am on your side I know for a fact he is behind these six bodies being found dead."

"This isnt the route to take. I know you want justice for those families, but if we dont get him the right way you wont have anyone to blame. Just release him, we can put eyes"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. Ive been policing longer than you been here in Napa. Now I respect your opinion and you are on helluva a deputy but please let me handle him. This beef runs thru the veins of this town. This man clear as day was in prison for murder and found a way out of that. Me bringing
him in is for a conversation. Im letting him stew. Dont tell me the law. Now go and police the memorial of those families down at town hall." I snapped as my deputy took a deep breath and asked, "Arent you suppose to be there?"

"Yes. Im going to speak to him and head over." I told him. He took a deep breath and said, "We going to get him, have fate."

"Fate in Napa." I scoffed as he walked out. Suddenly, as the door close it slung back open and Benji came walking in.

"Jesus, never have seen this place so damn empty. Where is everyone?" He asked.

"Paying respect to the families at town hall. Your mom is hosting an event. Why arent you there?" I asked him as I stood up. He came over and we hugged.

"Welp, I-um came to check on you. You havent been home since you hauled in Travis Dad. Dandy called saying you wasnt picking up the phone so I decided to just stop by." He explained as I smiled and diverted the conversation.

"Awww so you do care about your old man." I stated as he rolled his eyes and told me, "Come on now. Ive been dealing with my own shit. I know imma regret this but this weekend lets do fishing. Dandy, My Dad, you and I. With him dealing with this whole Seperation from"

"Seperation." I stated in confusion with no inkling of what Benji was getting at.

"Oops. Thought he told you. Look they already agreed so we are meeting up at your dock Saturday. And when he brings it up act surprise and not that fake ass gasp...we know you be faking and already knew tea. Now imma let you get back to work. Love youu." He explained as we hugged again. He walked towards the door and then turned around and called out to me.

"Dad" We shared eye contact and he responded, "Nail that son of a bitch to the cross."

"I plan to."

"I meann its only you here right now?" He asked.

"Yeah. I just sent my deputy out, why?" I retorted.

"Im just saying no one would miss him if he so happens to be
murdered. I know savage Holden still inside you." He told me before laughing and wiped his face and continued, "Disregard. Im just hurt thats all. Love you to bits."

I slowly sat down and realized that my son had a point..if I wanted to kill Daniel I could right now and staged it all too well.

|Travis|

"Okay stop crying little man!" I asked for the 50th time and at this point I was just repeating myself because its no possible way Kip would listen now after crying for a legit hour straight. I have changed and fed him, I honestly shouldnt have jumped at this chance to watch him without Nat watching over me and now im regretting telling her ill take him today and fuck Daycare.

My room door opened and Mir stood in the doorway in his high rise black briefs and snapped, "Give him that damn pacifier."

"I cant! Nat said not too! She trying to wing him off. She doesnt want his teeth to grow in that rainbow thot mouth." I informed him as he walked across the floor and put his hands out.