Chapter 8

~Ariana's POV~

The rest of the week gradually passed with little going on. Y/N had made it a habit to wake up early and make pancakes for us in the mornings, claiming that it was our "tradition". When I pointed out that traditions usually take more time to develop, she simply put her finger to my lips, shushed me, and then ever so attractively shoved a forkful of pancakes into my mouth. And then came the car rides to school. The arguments over who got control of the radio never seemed to cease, but I didn't mind it as much as before when she played her music, in the same way as she learned to accept that I would never stop playing my Broadway CD's.

Things didn't look quite as bright, however, when word got out at school that the "new hot chick" was staying at my place.

After our usual coffee run, Y/N pulled into the beat up parking lot of our school. Before I could shut the door of our car, a random girl came up to me and cried, "Is it true?"

Y/N and I glanced at each other over the top of her car, exchanging puzzled looks. "Is what true?"

"That you and hottie over there are living together on your own? And sleeping together?"

"One, she has a name, it's Y/N and-"

"Hottie works for me too." Y/N piped in with a smirk. I shot her a glare before continuing. "-two: where on earth did you hear that from?"

"Oh, everyone's talking about it." The girl responded. "Wait, so it's not true?"

"Well-" Y/N began while I dragged her away and said, "Bye!"

When we passed through the doors of the school entrance, eyes turned to us and hushed whispers ensued. Praying the the chatty girl would spread word that the rumor was false, I continued to drag Y/N into we came to a secluded area, offset from the hallway. Y/N didn't resist, surprisingly, and just tagged along like a rag doll.

"Are you ashamed to be associated with me, babe?" Y/N asked, feigning innocence.

"I'm not ashamed, I just don't want people getting the wrong idea." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Mhm, whatever you say."

"I'm serious!" I swatted her arm.

She laughed. "I'm just messing with you, Angryana! Relax."

"Sorry." I blushed. "I just don't want people to think I'm another one of your flings."

"You're not." Y/N stated. "Trust me, I'll help you shut down that rumor."

"Thanks cutie. That means a lot." I smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. Now let's get to class kid." She joked. Linking my arm with hers, we headed off for AP Literature before the bell rang,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you and Y/N huh?" Jason nudged me in the side, accidently knocking my fry out of my hand. In response, I shoved him off the lunch bench.

"Nothing's going on!" I cried. "And you made me drop my fry!"

"Here, take mine." Jade said sweetly as she passed by, handing me a fry and flashing me a grin.

I was still smiling at Jade as she walked away when Jason got up from the bench, rubbing his sore ass. "I have no idea what that chick sees in you, you brutal violent, son of a bitch."

"Better be a brutal and violent girl than a loser like you." Courtney added as she sat down and punched Jason's shoulder.

"Thanks Courtney." I laughed.

"Considering how cheerful Jade was, I take it she didn't hear about the ongoing rumor?"

"Or maybe she heard and just doesn't care?" I suggested. After pointed looks from my friends, I sighed. Courtney was right, Jade hadn't heard or else she'd probably be upset, considering we were still on for our date tonight. Hopefully chatty Cathy had spread the truth before the rumor caught up to Jade.