001

001 — ⌛︎  CLASSMATEin which jeongguk makes new friends

001 — ⌛︎ CLASSMATE
in which jeongguk makes new friends.

↳︎★︎→︎✫︎» «✫︎←︎★︎

jeongguk trudged through the corridor awkwardly, holding his textbooks close to his chest in fear of dropping them.

the boy had recently moved to the big city - seoul - with his adoptive parents from busan.

though he was elated that his mother was being promoted to manager of her department, having to transfer schools gave him a lot of anxiety, for many different reasons.

one being, like right now, having no idea where he was going and simply walking in circles, scared out of his mind that a teacher would find him and he'd end up scolded for not having a hallway pass.

he turned around, determined to trace his steps back to the office to ask for directions, when he bumped into something - or someone.

picking up the mathematics book from the floor, jeongguk stared at the tall boy before him.

with tawny green hair, dark brown eyes, and creme-colored skin, the unnamed boy looked like the descendant of a tree, his height only adding to the similarities between the two.

"oh, you must be the new student! the headmaster told us about you!" the boy said, flashing a dimpled smile.

one handshake and introduction later, jeongguk had learned that the tall boy was named kim namjoon, and after asking, he'd also learned that the older boy wasn't at all related to a certain plant species.

namjoon laughed at that, and jeongguk felt grateful that he was able to start a new friendship this easily.

the taller boy had also explained to the younger that his bestfriend - kim seokjin - would be extremely excited to meet him.