𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐲 | 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭 *

y/h/c - your hair color
1401 words.

you, ethan, grayson, emma and james all decided to go on a little road trip to san francisco. the hotel you stayed in was very luxurious and you were happy to spend some time with your best friends.

it was late at night and you hadn't slept at all despite it being 3 in the morning. you had gotten up from your bed and wandered into the balcony of the hotel. you were quite high up, 12 floors up.

you were stood on the balcony, your bare arms resting on the metal edge. gazing out at the city lights and night sky, a cool breeze blew over to you, causing small goosebumps to rise on your cold skin.

suddenly, you were broken out of your daydream when you heard a raspy voice from behind you.

"oh, sorry... i didn't think anyone would still be up," the voice spoke. you turned around to see ethan dressed in nothing but adidas sweatpants and as you watched him, you swore you saw him flex his naked arms and stomach.

"i'll go back to my room," he mumbled but you shook your head.

"no, it's fine," you said, making him nod. he ran a hand through his messy, dark hair as a few strands hung over his forehead. he sighed, following your actions of resting his arms on the railing.

you noticed he had dark circles under his eyes and smiled sympathetically. part of arranging this road trip was to take the twins' minds off their father's sudden passing. you, james and emma tried everything to make them feel better and this road trip helped massively.

"couldn't sleep?" you asked him, jumping slightly as the side of your cold arm touched ethan's broad, warm one.

"wasn't very tired," he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"me neither." ethan took a piece of your y/h/c hair started wrapping his index finger around it and subtly curled it. you smiled at it and looked up at him, admiring his cuteness.

you and ethan met just over 2 years ago when you first collaborated with him and grayson on your youtube channels. since then, you've been the best of friends so we're very comfortable around each other.

"so, how are you feeling?" you asked, making him lock eye contact with you. you hinted to his dad's passing.

"honestly, a lot better when you're here," ethan said, a small smile appearing on his lips as he sighed deeply.

"i will always be here for you, you know that, right?" you said, and his plump lips turned upwards into a wider smile, gazing down at his finger around your hair.

"yeah, i know that." he lifted his head up so it was the same level as yours. unknowingly, your foreheads pressed together and there was a few seconds of comforting silence.

his eyes frequently flickering down to your lips and up to your eyes created butterflies to float around in your stomach. not resisting the temptation, you leaned in slowly and softly placed your lips against his.

he froze for a second, sending his eyes closed and soon began to kiss back. it was a moment of pure passion as he removed his finger from your hair and rested his large hand on your cheek.

you broke apart from him and saw his eyes open again.
"sorry, i..." you started but you were cut off by a quick peck on the lips.

"don't be, i want this," ethan finished for you, straightening up as you did the same. he pulled you closer and your lips instantly reattached, moulding together perfectly.

he softly bit your lip, wanting entrance which you gladly gave him. his tongue met yours as his hands wandered from your face and held your waist tightly. you wrapped your arms around his neck, touching the bottom of his hair, and brought him closer if that was even possible.