Chapter 1

Based off of the comics by jackfrost.comics || instagram

It was a sunny spring evening in Arendelle. Almost a year after "the big incident" as it is referred to now. The towns people aren't supposed to talk about it, and very rarely do. Their town was all over the news after that. Some say it was good publicity for Arendelle. Others say it was bad for the trading business. Most countries fear the queen, Elsa. After all, she does have ice powers.

They say she had a horrible childhood, shut out her sister for years. They turned out fairly normal for how much alone time they had. But now here is Princess Anna, standing at the altar on her wedding day. So I guess, she turned out normal enough for someone.

Most would think of the queen getting married before the princess, but not in Elsa's case. Strangers don't trust her that she won't freeze them if she ever gets mad, and anybody she already knows doesn't feel that way about her.

That never seemed to bother Elsa until Anna found Kristoff. Elsa had no problem with Kristoff besides the fact that he was perfect for her. It suddenly occurred to Elsa, that unlike her sister, she may never find true love.

It's Anna's wedding day, it's about her, not me. Elsa keeps telling herself. And it's true, today is Anna's day to shine, and Elsa shouldn't take that away from her.

After the vows comes, of course, the kiss, and after that, the party. Elsa knew she wouldn't screw this party up like her first time, there would be nothing to aggravate her here. Elsa watched as Anna danced with her newly wedded husband. They were so cute together, the ideal couple. After the couples dance, Elsa feels a small tap on her shoulder, like a child would if they wanted to ask their mom something.

"Um, excuse me" says an unfamiliar voice. Elsa turns around to see a white haired man with beautiful blue eyes. He looks as if he is the same age as her, but a face like that can't be single.

"Oh, um Hi" she responded awkwardly, as if he was speaking in a disrespectful tone. Which, technically he was, considering he hadn't even bowed down to the queen.

After a couple seconds of silence, the man responded with, "Wait, you can hear me?"

"Yeah.... Why wouldn't I be able to?" Elsa answered.

He stared back into the queens eyes, for to elsa, seemed like an eternity, but to him, it was really just a couple of seconds.

"Can I help you?" Elsa asks him, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh. Um. I was just looking for the queen"

This time, Elsa was the one staring. Had he really just asked where the queen was?

"I'm right here.." She starts awkwardly.

"Oh, you're majesty, I'm so sorry.

I- I didn't know" he stammered.

"Please, call me Elsa." She smiled back at him, showing no signs of anger.

He looks around before saying "I have to go. Sorry" he shrugs and scurries off.