{1}

Celes' POV

'It would hurt more if she would hear it from me Ma, pwede bang sayo nalang manggaling? I don't wanna see her cry.'  I whispered with a shaking voice.

'She should hear it from you Celestine. You above all knows, sayo lang siya maniniwala.' Mom said with a mid high tone. 

I left the house looking drained. I decided to have some coffee before going to my studio. I need to send the photos before 12 am. Not to mention my migraine, It's already 10:34 pm. And I'm just halfway done. I need some ideas on how to make it more minimal but more unique typa thing. I arrived soaking wet and needed a shower before work, I was drying my hair and I couldn't stop thinking about this small argument I had with mom about Anika.

She was insisting na ako nalang magsabi kay Anika about having to go to Europe. Not for my career but for my family's business. Anika wanted to go there, pero no business or careers included. Just a month staycation for the both of us. She wanted to spend time with me before actually staying there to study. And mom doesn't want me to communicate with her during my days in Europe para daw makapag focus daw ako. Knowing Anika, she'll disagree. Lalo na't di kami ganong nagkikita dahil we're both busy completing our portfolios. She would definitely cry and get mad over it. 

Mom wants me to cut connections with her for a year and basically be a loner miles away from home to manage our family's business. No anika, no photography, no fun. Nothing but work. Isn't that frustrating? I did not agree with this. But she told me If I happen to pull this off they will allow me to own a place with Anika so we could live together. But Anika really will insist coming to Europe with me. I can feel it. 

'And why is my wife's mind sailing? I hope you're trying to figure out how to work on your photos for less than an hour, kasi 11:03 na love. Ano bang iniisip mo? I bought coffee!' Anika said with a confused tone as she hugs me from the back.

She arrived at the studio 30 minutes after me, I'm guessing she finished a shoot with some models today. 

'Love, uhm I have to tell you something.'  I said as I faced her looking a bit nervous.

'Ano yon? don't tell me hindi mo na ako sasamahan sa birthday party ni Evon? Love I told you I won't go without you! My oh so terrible family is there. I need a hand to hold.' Anika said as she starts to look sad waiting for my response.

'Nooo love I'll go, promise. Just... mom wanted me to talk you out of something.' I said as I signed heavily.

Anika was staring at me completely blank. Not mad nor confused, just blank.

'I have to go to Europe, for our  family business. It's growing,  And ma wanted me to handle our  business there. She said I'll need a year to fix some problems and find new investors there and she trusts no one but me. Dad is still not well and as the oldest I need to do it. Enzo doesn't like anything besides music, you know him.'  I said trying to calm myself and not appear pressured. 

'I'll come with you, we'll figure something out okay? I'll finish my portfolio agad. I'll ask manang for my--' she said as I  interrupt her.

'Love... Ma wants me to leave you here.'

'Here? Alone for a year?'