one & a half// luke

one & a half// luke

"Hey, Bell." I say, carefully nudging her, and she looks over to me.

"Yes, Luke."

"It's you." I say pointing to the Bell part of the Taco Bell sign and she rolls her eyes while laughing.

"C'mon." She says pulling me through the door, and I trip once again on a step that I don't see.

We order four tacos and sit at the table in the very corner of the small room, waiting for the food. After a couple of minutes in silence, I decide to speak.

"Why are we here again?" I ask her.

"Uh, to eat tacos?" She answers confused but I shake my head.

"I mean here, more generally."

"I thought they taught you that in science."

"Dammit Bell, you know what I mean!" I exclaim and she laughs loudly.

"I dunno, you seemed interesting at the party I guess. I'm still trying to make you smile too." She tells me, leaning closer to me across the table, and I don't have time to ask her what she means by interesting.

"Smile." She demands jokingly, looking me right in the eye with a serious face, poking at my cheek, but I shake my head stubbornly, pressing my lips into a tight line.

"Ugh!" She exclaims, throwing her arms in the air frustratedly and laughing. "Are you ticklish?" She suddenly asks with a cheeky smile and I assume that my eyes go wide, because fuck, I would say that I'm the most ticklish person in the whole damn world. Shit.

"Uh..."

"You are!"

"But that would be cheating, you're not allowed to do that." I inform her, crossing my arms, and she rolls her eyes.

"Alright. What's taking them so long, it's just tacos?" Just when she says that, the lady comes along with a tray with four tacos on it, making Bell giggle.

"So, what do you like to do?" She asks gracefully while taking a bite from her first taco.

"I like to play the guitar and sing." I tell her.

"Oh my god that's so cool, I wish I could sing." She says with a laugh, "you have to show me!"

"What do you like to do?" I ask, ignoring the thing she said about showing her, about to start my second taco. Damn, these are good.

"I like..." She ponders a while before answering, "I like to have fun."

"I-I like your answer," I tell her, and take a pause before asking, "do you, uh, do you play any sports or instruments?"

"I used to play the piano and the drums, I also used to play volleyball, but now, uh... I like to dance I guess." She lists, sipping at her strawberry smoothie.

"So is that what you want to be, a dancer?"

"No no no, I said I like to dance, I'm no good at it at all. A writer. A songwriter maybe. I also want to study phsycology though. I'm trying not to think about it that much... Y'know, to live in the moment kind and shit." She says, "so you're gonna study music?"

"Nah. I'm gonna drop out of school, be in a band, and get famous." I tell her jokingly.

"Oh, you've got everything planned out, don't you?"

"Yep, zero out of three steps down, just three more to go." I inform her, and she laughs.

"Like a pop boyband or kind of punk rock?" She wanders after a few seconds.