one & 3 quarters// luke

"Ugh, I hate heels so much." Bella remarks as we walk through the sand, and she stops to take them off.

"Give them to me." I demand and she shoots me a confused look but still does so. As soon as I have them in my hands I launch them both towards the sea, hearing a sound as they disappear into the water.

"Luke!" She screams, and I almost laugh as she begins running towards the water in attempts to save her shoes.

"Don't worry beauty, I'll get you new ones." I promise her and she turns back to look at me.

"You better!" She yells while laughing, however she still tries to retrieve her now soggy shoes from the water. "Whatever, I didn't even like them that much anyway." She mumbles, shrugging, walking back towards me so we meet eachother halfway.

Suddenly an idea pops into my head and I turn around and begin running back away from the beach.

"Where are you going?" She yells, her voice made quiter by the loud crashing of the waves.

"Come with me!" I tell her and she obeys, sprinting after me.

The music shop isn't too far from the beach, as I properly remember, and because we run, we're there in no time.

"Luke, we're not going in there." She tells me when she sees it, crossing her arms over her chest as if to say that she isn't going to move.

"And why is that?" I ask her with a small smirk.

"Because," she emphasizes on the word before continuing, "I look fucking homeless." She says motioning to her bare feet, with a laugh.

I roll my eyes, knowing that she really couldn't give less fucks, so I take her hand and drag her into the shop behind me.

The guy at the counter looks pretty friendly as he asks us if we need anything.

"Yeah, we want to get a guitar." I tell him bluntly and he nods slowly.

"Right, okay. What kind of guitar?" He asks.

"Acoustic is good."

"Oh okay." He says, guiding us over to a rack of acoustic guitars.

"Wow." Bella remarks and I smirk.

"Uh, which one do you recommend?" I ask the guy, and he looks over them before pointing to the last one of them all, its light brown and plain.

"I'd say this one."

"Do you play guitar... Uh Ashton?" I ask, looking down at his name tag.

"Yeah, but I'm more into drums." He tells us and I nod.

"Okay, um we'll have this one then." I tell him, handing him 3 hundred dollar notes.

"Wait you're actually buying a guitar?" Bell ask me as if it's the craziest thing.

"Why not."

"Well why would you?"

"Cause I'm gonna sing for you." I state simply but she still seems confused.

"Is that the only reason you're buying it?" She asks.

"I'll give it to you after, signed and everything, incase one day I do get all big and famous." I joke.

"Wow I'm so honored." She says sarcastically, "what would I do with it after though? I don't know how to play guitar."

"I'll teach you."

"But I-"

"Just shut up and go with it." I interrupt her, a joking edge in my tone, making her smile a big, lovely smile.