-6-

"Dallon?" I question as I walk out of my Math class with Jack and towards my last period of school for the day. "What are you doing here?"

He smiles and waves me over, shoving his phone into his pocket.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and turn to my new friend for a moment. "I'll see you later."

He nods, offering a small smile before disappearing into the sea of people.

I turn away and make my way over to Dall, and the two of us begin to walk down the hall through the never ending crowd of students and teachers. "Wanna get outta here?" He asks, raising his eyebrows at me with a knowing look. We exit the building and begin walking towards the parking lot.

"Dall, as much as I'd love to ditch all my responsibilities, schooling and anxiety, I was literally pulled out of class by the principal when Brendon dropped me off this morning. He yelled at me for like twenty minutes." I laugh slightly. "He wasn't happy with me missing yesterday."

Dallon looks concerned. "What's giving you anxiety?"

"It's school. What's not giving me anxiety?"

"Fair point." We reach his familiar car, and I decide not to bother trying to talk him out of it. I don't want to be here anyway. Anywhere is better than this hell.

I open the passenger side only to find Brendon sitting there, an excited look on his face. "My favourite daughter."

"My favourite dad." I reply, thoroughly confused. Today has been a strange day.

"Get in. We have a show tonight." He winks, closing his door and grabbing his phone from his pocket.

I freeze for a moment. This makes no sense. Shows take months of planning and a minimum of twelve hours for the crew to get the venue set up. Reaching out, I open his door again. "We have a what?"

Dad grins again. "Surprise, Tan!" From his position in the driver's seat, Dallon leans over and does jazz hands for effect. I finally break into a smile and climb into the back seat of the car, unable to hide my enthusiasm.

"How did you organise a show so fast?" I ask as Dallon takes off, leaving the school to slowly fall away in the rear view mirrors. "Don't you need a thirty day notice for the venue?"

"You do." Brendon agrees, combing his hands through his hair a couple of times. "Pete knows a guy. Also, it's been booked for three months, just like the other 36 venues that we're playing in over the next month and a half."

"You mean this is a tour?" I ask, my leg bouncing up and down in excitement. My fingers drum against my knees as I try not to jump around the car in excitement. This is everything I've been wanting since we moved to this stupid town and I started at that stupid school.

"It is indeed." Dallon confirms, smiling to himself from the front seat as we pull into the driveway of our house. I jump out of the car, Brendon right behind me, and rush to the front door, jamming my key in the lock and flinging it open.

"What's the plan, Beebo?" I ask brightly, jumping over the kitchen counter and making it to the fridge to retrieve a bottle of water.

"Get whatever you're gonna need for tonight. Five minutes!" He calls as he rushes to the studio to pack up his things. "And stop jumping over the counter! It's expensive!"

I bolt upstairs and into my bedroom, flinging my school bag into the far corner and opening my wardrobe to figure out what clothing I'd be needing. "What are we wearing?" I call, flicking through shirts and hats.

"Clothes!" Comes the reply.

I laugh to myself and throw a couple of plainly coloured black and white shirts and a pair of jeans onto my bed before locating my worn red converse and throwing them on top.