1.

note: I dont know where this is going tbh

also theres probably shitload of mistakes, im not fluent english speaker

Although Edward and Oswald were again on good terms, they never really talked about what happened. Sometimes they'd make some remark, laugh at it and then never talk about it again. That's why he was so suprised by how taken aback Oswald was. Maybe it was too much? Ed didnt really believed that Oswald still had romantic feelings for him, just as he didnt belive that he had any feelings for other.

He gave it some thought while he was working on submarine of course, but decided that he still has time to figure it out until they leave that twisted city. But now there was no time, he had to do something before he never sees Oswald again. ''Why did you pay Strange to save Lee as well?'' He blurted out before thinking. Penguin turned to look in Edwards face, clearly confused ''Why are you asking me that now? Do you want to bring her with us or something?'' Older man snapped. Was he jealous? ''No its not that!'' Riddler assured him ''Its just that it didn't provide you any benefit.'' Just like saving himself. He thought. Oswald saved him just because he wanted to, needed to, as he clarified before. Oswald needed a friend, thats why he brought Ed back, but why did he bring Leslie back as well? ''You seemed to care about her. How could i have you as a friend if i didnt save her as well?'' He shrugged, it wasnt the easiest topic for Oswald. He hated to hear about their romance in Narrows, still hated the fact that Ed gets to be happy without him.

Edward gave a nod, maybe he was overthinking it ''I was wondering if we could stay in touch once we reach mainland.'' Riddler said simply, Oswald only gave a nod, not in mood to really talk. ''How about dinner?'' Edward continued. Oswald snorted ''Thought we were discussing one of your girlfriends, Edward'' ''And now we're discussing us, thats how conversation works.'' Oswald was quiet, obviously thinking about it ''Is that a yes?'' Ed questioned, trying to speed up the process. ''Ed you are asking me to have dinner with you while city is on fire!'' Of course it was a yes, Oswald just wouldnt act like he doesnt know what he's worth. ''Wasn't it always like that? Us with rest of a Gotham on fire?'' Edward grinned, Oswald followed with nod and a chuckle ''Youre right.''

Unfortunately two men didnt get to leave city that night. But at least, they got somewhere to rebuild what they once had, maye even something greater. They just need to wait. Oswald would wait for enternity if it means he gets his turn to have Ed.