14. The one with the visit to Papa

I was packing my things when Ken came into the bedroom. When his eyebrows arched as he looked at my scattered clothes on the bed I told him about my plan to visit my papa tomorrow with Celia.

"It's just for a couple of days, Max. We will see each other again when I get back." I said to him, feeling a bit annoyed when he appeared to be unamused by my explanation.

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier? Are you leaving me, don't you like it here?" He looked into my eyes, searching for something.

"What? No, Max. Every last weekend of the month. That's my schedule for visiting Papa. You can check with Celia. I'm leaving with her tomorrow. And we'll be back Sunday afternoon. He lived on a ranch about a five-hour drive from the city." I trailed my hands to his chest and wrapped my arms around his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"I'm going to miss sleeping next to you." I sighed, blurting out my emotions. Feeling the need to let him know the truth.

The Mob Boss smiled and started kissing me. "I'm sorry Emilie. It's Ivan, he told me earlier that you were sad. So, I just assumed, and I'm going to miss you too, Barbie."

"Oh! That man! I already told him not to tell you about that. Maybe he should stop looking over me."

"On that note, he will drive you to your papa's tomorrow. You're in no condition to drive and I don't trust Celia to drive a five-hour journey. Either you let Ivan drive you or you will have me personally drive you there. We can plan it as a romantic getaway. We can stay in a nearby hotel," He whispered. I shuddered as his words made my body hum.

"I don't think it's time yet, Max. Besides, I missed my papa. We need some family bonding time. So, yeah...I guess Ivan can drive us there if you insist. But he has to pick us up again on Sunday afternoon, or else we will be stranded there. Which will make Papa happy though." I laughed remembering my papa.

Throughout dinner, I told him about growing up with my papa. About his ranch and about him making a living by selling thoroughbred horses. Then I explained to Max that he lived on his ranch with his workers. It only took seconds before realization set in and his face scrunched in annoyance. The man instantly worried when I mentioned the ranch workers. It's too cute.

"Wait, so I'm letting you go this weekend to a ranch where there are cowboys?" He visibly clenched his jaw.

"Ranch workers, but yeah you can call them cowboys. I guess. Look, Max, I've known these guys for years. I grew up with most of them. They're like my brothers. That's why I'm telling you it's not time yet for you to visit Papa. They would sometimes act too big brotherly. Oh, come on! You're a Russian Mob for god's sake! Are you seriously telling me that you're threatened by a bunch of cowboys?"

There, I stroked his ego.

"Well if you put it that way...maybe you could convince me some more?"

He was teasing me, pulling me closer to him. I couldn't take it anymore and started kissing him hungrily. We ended up naked and fucking our brains out.  We were definitely sexually pleased for the weekend ahead. 

*****

Ivan picked up Celia the next morning, then back to Max for breakfast.

"Come on sis, Sam already texted me. He said Princess was in labor. We might get to see her foal's first steps. She was mated with the last stallion that Papa bought. I can't wait to see it. I bet it's gorgeous." She jumped and hugged me. I was glad that my sister was getting better. She even looked healthier.

"Right, let's have breakfast first with Max, okay? Then we leave right away. Ivan drives very fast. I'm sure we will make it on time. Come."

Nikko was there at the table, so I introduced her to him and we started eating our breakfast and continued discussing everyday stuff.