Introduction: Setting Sun & Rising Death

To live in a world full of people; I am one of the creatures among these people that must avoid them, if one of us should get too close to these people, vampires would be sure to burn amongst the bitter coals of existence. Yes, I am a vampire, a blood sucking creature that was created by turning life into walking death. Vampires do not age; we do not breathe or sleep, we live to kill and kill to live. All of us used to be human once but now, there is no breathing again, there is only a path of chaos and destruction we are led to follow.

Olive skin and hazel eyes, jet black curls and un-perfect salmon lips. I used to walk the streets at night, I had not one worry, I wasn’t afraid of anyone.

I’d found the perfect spot in a park one night, I’d sat there for hours just watching the sun go down, if only I’d known that I would die before it had rose back into the dreary skies once more.

It was that man I vaguely remembered, his figure had caught the corner of my eye, if only I had realized the perfection of his position.

My eye had only just caught sight of his hulking body; he had been staring at the moon. He had noticed my head facing his way; he had planned it that way after all. He planned to catch my attention by using the perfect stance and taking advantage of me being alone.

I was killed and then saved. I was stalked, stabbed then had been saved by one of my new kind. Kasis is the name of my savior, he said his reason was simple “to save a beautiful young lady, from death” that’s what he says, but he created a monster, something I never wanted to be. I’m only 16 and will always be. I have to go to a high school, a human school, yes that means I have to control my blood thirst, so I have to live on animal blood, after a while it starts to sink in and human blood stops appealing, but it takes years to master. I live with eight of my kind; four girls and four males. Kasis, Mack, Delevan, Joshua, Requre, Emma, Sapphie, and me, Jade. Kasis is twenty, Mack is twenty-three, Delevan twenty-five, Joshua eighteen, Requre is twenty-four, Emma seventeen and Sapphie is twenty-five.

Kasis was turned into a vampire when he was on a holiday in Egypt and has lovely reddish, brownish long hair with a strong leader look about him. Mack, like the rest of us were so called “saved” by Kasis when we were so close to death, he has brownish blonde hair that’s spiked and short. Delevan has orange kind of hair that looks like he just got out of bed and is kept to his shoulders. Joshua has longer hair than Kasis and it is reddish brown. Requre has blonde wavy hair with curls at the ends and likes to wear pink flowers in her hair. Emma’s hair is a burgundy, red color that is just past her shoulders, which is always left out. Sapphie has light brown hair that’s long and always braided. And me, no one knows why, but since I was changed my hair always stayed black with different colored streaks each day, I always kept it in a long ponytail that hangs in the middle of my back. Ever since I was changed I have never had trouble with controlling my thirst, but the others took ages to get the hang of it and still sometimes find it hard, but they always do what is right. Vampires usually have a certain power like controlling elements or controlling things with their minds but I haven’t found out what mine is yet, even after two years of trying everything that it could possibly be. I gave up after a while thinking that I’m the only one without a power and still the only thing different about me from humans is my hair changing. I wear a black wig, like my hair but without the other colors running through it, so that humans don’t catch on that I am unlike them. I also have the strength, speed and strengthened senses as any other vampire. As a vampire we cannot have children and cannot turn human children, they become too strong to control and are unable to learn our ways; we cannot fall in love with a human and let them live as human we can only make the choice to turn them or let them die by our “lords”, the ones who make the rules and keep us in smaller groups to not hide, but disguise our existence.

This will be until something changes into disaster or a better beginning.