Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After putting a lot of effort I decided that I'm angry, like I want to break a vase or something angry, that type of angry...How many times have I said the word 'angry'? A lot I'm guessing, I tend to over think things sometimes...Well, every single time, but it's just that this time I was left totally confused, tussled, and above all that, angry. He didn't deserve that tear, even though it was only one angry tear. I've always hated that about myself, why did I have to be such a little cry baby and tear up every time I got furious?

Why is that?

I've never put much thought into it, but why do people cry when they're angry? Shouldn't there just be happy and sad tears? And why am I over thinking every single thing? I need to chill out, yes, that is what I need. I need a book, reading has always been comforting...

''Oh, why do you have to be so boring Eleonora? Why can't you be like normal people and enjoy a nice chat with friends or go to the spa with your bestie?''

And now, I think I really need to see if my sanity is in check because talking to myself isn't right.

I took a cab shortly after the rather unpleasant encounter with Mr. Royce, leaving my drink half full, I just didn't need it anymore, the intimidating tycoon has given me a pretty good wake up call. If you could even call it that. Well of all the disrespecting, good for nothing-

Where is that thing? My phone started vibrating, interrupting my vulgar thoughts, I was just about to use a not-so-holy word to describe the captor of my thoughts.

I manage to find it deep inside my purse, it's Cass.

''Hey Ell, where are you?''

''Home.''

''What the hell happened to you? One syllable? Even you can do better than that. Tell me what's wrong?'' She sounds genuinely concerned, but there is no way I'm telling Cass about my distress, it's my problem.

''Oh, nothing just tired I guess, dress shopping can do that to a girl.'' I chuckle awkwardly through my lies, hope she doesn't see through them. I don't need to bother her with my stupid issues.

''Well...Okay, if you say so...But anyways, the whole gang is going out for a drink tonight, would you like to come?'' At first she's hesitant but then she returns to her cheery self and I release a sigh.

''Yeah, um, sure. I mean yes, that would be great.'' A night out is exactly what I need.

''Really?'' She asks.

''Yeah?''

''Well now I'm positive that something is wrong with you. But what ever it is it's doing you good.'' She laughs, pleased that I'll be joining them. But she has now idea, how much good this is doing...

-

''Guys why didn't you tell me that we're going to a fancy place like this, I would've-''

''Dressed up?'' Jeff asks jokingly and both Cass and I slap him.

''Yes, that's exactly what I would've done, but it's your fault you know.'' I say, playfully nudging his shoulder with my fist.

''You were right Cass something is definitely wrong with her.''' Jeff says flabbergasted as I giggle.

Suddenly his smile appears and covers the majority of his face, ''But what ever it is, I like it.''

''I don't mind when you're quiet.'' Nathan says quickly, like he's defending me and we all look at him confused.

He coughs awkwardly adjusting his cuff links, ''What I meant to say was, Jeff you need to stop judging her, it's just the way she is.''

Jeff lifts his hands in the air, ''Okay, okay Nathan, she knows that I am only joking. I don't mean to be rude or anything. Right Ell?'' He looks at me for an answer but I just nod with a smile and he returns it. It's not that I don't agree, I agree completely it's just that I'm still taken aback by Nathans first comment.