Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Sleep, sleep, sleep. 

His words echoed even through my comatose state, lulling me into a deep slumber, I don't remember when was the last time I slept this peacefully- probably more than a decade ago...

Yawning I lift my hands to rub the sleep out of my eyes as my toes stretch under the soft duvet. My patched leg burns a bit but I don't mind, I guess I had worse. My eyes flutter open to welcome the morning sun that is sipping through the windows, uncovering the lovely day behind expansive glass walls. Although, I'm pretty sure that even if it poured that it wouldn't be able to ruin the good mood I'm in today.

I look around me and blush at the fact that this is Theodore's room, he slept in this bed...but a sudden bitter realization stabs my mind like a cold dagger and I bite my lip in anguish...he slept in this bed with her...

And my good mood falls down the stairs breaking her neck, as the voice in my head snickers I warned you, you didn't listen.

My boss lady is the frequent inhabitant of the California king, the woman I despise but have to obey, the main reason for most of my suffering but also the way towards my happiness, independence and change. It looks like I didn't think this through enough last night, damn those pain killers for clouding my judgment! I can't stay here, even if he was polite enough to offer, I can't really accept this situation. After I take this make up off my face I'll look for him and tell him thank you but no thank you-well politely, I can't be disrespectful, he's still my boss.

I sit up and notice a piece of paper on the night stand with a set of pills and a glass of water. I scrunch my nose at the pills and just take the paper to analyze its contents.

-I will be back right after you wake up.

Drink the pill and don't move.

-T.K.R

Order after order after order, does this man do anything else? Where the hell am I supposed to go without a key or a way to walk by myself? And how does he know when I'm going to wake up?

I groan out loud and cross my arms, I am not taking these pills! And I need to pee, so sorry if that is something you consider as defiance Mr.Royce but I can't hold it in, nor do I want to. Like I said before, its bad and I want children some day.

I throw the duvet off of my body and thank the gods for changing last night before he came back for his pajamas. It certainly would've been uncomfortable to sleep in that gown and one pair of heels, which brings me back, where the hell is the other one? If I lost it somewhere along the way Cassidy'll kill me! Burn me to the stake, praising the lord of light like that red woman from The Game of thrones! I don't plan on going into flames, its the most cruel way to die and I didn't even try a macaroon yet. Overused trends tend to make me angry and stay away until people forget about them, but what's worse is when they make something that is good into something mainstream, now that makes me pull at my hair.

Slowly I step on my functioning foot and steady myself, I was never good at balance so this is going to be harder than I thought.

I hop towards the bathroom, hanging onto everything my hands can reach, I don't need any more injuries. I open the door and head straight to the toilet and sit down releasing a breath.

People say the shower is the best place to think, I say its the toilet!

He didn't write where he was going, but then again why should that interest me, I'm not his wife. I laugh out loud at the silly thought, and my laughter dies out as I realize that he would never be interested in someone like me. So brittle, clumsy and unattractive, I don't have anything to impress other people with. I'm just average, or even further below—