Delilah and Jacoub

Heeey guys(: this is my first time writing things like this, so please leave comments, it would mean the world to me:D even if you dont like it, feel free to post me improvements:D

-thankyouuu;<3

Chapter 1 Monster

The sun shone dazzling in the mesmerizing, bright beautiful sky, whilst blue fluffy clouds twirled past in grace. Sixteen year old Delilah perched herself very gently on the wooden bench and gazed inquisitively into the deep miraculous sea. Her blond lengthy hair curled its way up to her shoulders, calmly blowing due to the blustery breeze. Everyday was like this for Delilah. She lived a life where the dog Lola was her best friend, the trees were her loveable family and the creatures in the sea were her long lost friends. People called her crazy and her family managed to send her to the Mental Care Centre, where she was tortured with the most atrocious things anyone could visualize. But, Delilah had the supremacy to do things that were out of ordinary. She had the gift to speak to any type of living organisms. It wasn't something she had learned with a snap of the fingers, oh no it wasn't. Infact Delilah was born with this specialty, something that she had to conceal from the world around. Nobody believed her, and now she wasn't intending to share it with anybody, until the day she met him. Though Jacob was older then her by three whole years, he also had the same gift as her. At first of course it was shocking to poor Delilah who had to live in a lie, a lie where there was no other person as her. But after her friendship with Jacob, she didn't fear anything in this world. Nothing could pull them apart, even if they were going to be the last people on Earth.

A quiet moment passed, as Delilah stood as still as a statue and never took her eyes off the horizon. Even Jacob sometimes feared her silence; it seemed strange for anyone to be this quiet to him.

"Hey, are you okay?" he whispered gently tucking her messy golden hair behind her pink ears.

She shivered. "I'm fine, Jake," she answered a slow smile appearing on her expressionless face.

At least this was typical. She would never admit to anything, even if it was killing her emotionally. Jacob hated that about her, after all these years, he hadn't managed to be part of her; she would never let him too close.

"Dee, please, tell me?" he pleaded tranquilly stroking her fine-looking ghostly fingers. This time, she managed to pull her eyes away from the hypnotizing horizon and leisurely turned to face him. He had the most gorgeous, extraordinary eyes that Delilah had ever seen or bored into. She could see herself in his pupils, a fake smile on her face, which was very obvious for Jake to read now. Her mother always called her: her open book. Maybe it was too late to close it and hide the pages.

"Jake, I'm just curious," she murmured, her cool breath landing on his warm cheeks. He nodded telling her to carry on. "Why are we the only ones with these unique powers? Aren't we lucky?"

"Very, very lucky. And Dee, we might not be the only ones, don't get your hopes up, it's a big world," he replied.

They had traveled to many places and yet there was no one with the power as theirs. It gave them a proud feeling, to be known as the "Chosen Ones".

"Hmm, but I don't want there to be anybody else. I know it's very selfish, and I would be a very bad person to say this out loud, but secretly Jake, I only want there to be us , you know. Partners forever?" she said looking hopeful. He laughed. Only Delilah could be this nice to people.

"Then, we'd be selfish together, because that's the way I feel about the situation too. Partners for eternity," he promised.

"Eternity," she mumbled resting her small head on his broad shoulders, and dreaming of a world with only Delilah and Jacob.