02

you looked up from hugging tightly onto your legs,

kim junkyu.

he brought you closer to him and wrapped his warm arms around you.

slowly, your sobs turned into small sniffles.

"th-thank you",
your voice was shaky and muffled, but it could still be heard, knowing the park was empty.

he put a stray hair behind your ear and held your hand as a 'you're welcome'.

you never told junkyu about the situation between you and your mother.

you never told him about your family or the things you had to deal with on a daily basis, despite being best friends for almost two years.

he had always noticed the bruises and marks on your face which were made by your mother, but he didn't dare to ask you where they came from.

"do you mind telling me what's wrong?", junkyu said in a soft and calming voice.

you always loved being by junkyu's side, he was the light of your life.

you had a small crush on him. you and junkyu acted like lovers, doing almost everything typical couples do.

he always left small signs of affection for you, though you weren't sure that he actually liked you.

you leaned your head onto junkyu's shoulder. as a response, he laid his head onto yours.

"my mom", you suddenly said.

"what about her?"

you figured this was the perfect time to tell junkyu everything,
and by everything,
you mean everything.