《CHAPTER 14》Emperor

While deeply immersed in memories of his past, Jin Wui Tien nearly missed the double-knocking from outside the study's doors.

"Your majesty, it is Gen Xue."

Came the self-announcement in case the person inside failed to hear the knock.

"Your servant is here to assist with your presentation for the midday's ritual."

There was a momentary pause from within the study. Then, a curt 'enter' drifted out.

After calling for the eunuch's entry, Jin Wui Tien turned from the window. He stalked past the desk, grabbed the report, then strode toward a large silk partition screen positioned on the left wall. Behind it, was a door. Said door opened into an adjacent bedchamber, fully furnished to served as a retreat inner quarter. Without hesitation, he hastened inside and headed straight for the only bookshelf within. In less then fifteen long strides, he was on his haunches to withdraw a history book from bottom shelf. Hastily, he slipped the folded report between its pages to hide it. As he did, he made a follow-up mental note to dispose of it later upon his return. Satisfied with this thought, he swiftly stuffed the book back in its place on the shelf before getting to his feet just as Gen Xue made his entry.

Entering the retreat room, the named eunuch carefully carried a set of crisp attire on his arms. For the noon's rite, the duke's ensemble borne a maroon and rustic gold hue which was several shades darker than the bright red and polished gold of the imperial dragon's.

"Your majesty, with your permission, this humble one wishes to prepare you for your midday's appointment."

"En." Came the nasal consent of the duke before he walked over to stand in front of the dresser.

Without further ado, the able eunuch began donning his lord with practised ease and admirable swiftness. Finally, when he stepped away from said lord, he was as proud as punch.

Briefly, surveying the other person's immaculately handsome appearance, Gen Xue was forced to concede that while some clothes made a man, the reverse was also true, albeit rare. The latter applied to the Duke of Wei Jing. For, although he, the grand duke, was already an exceedingly good-looking man with clear-cut height and muscly built, his formal apparel today made him even more magnificent to behold.

From neck upward, a chiseled jawline poised proudly and more elegant than any jade carving. A high bridged-nose was mightily kingly, while noble brow exuded acuity belonging to an erudite warrior's. Below that, gleamed a pair of intelligent phoenix eyes as back as the darkest night.

From chin downward, a thick column for neck appearing strong and mighty. Ensued by a perfectly bronzed body that measured close to a hundred and ninety centimetres in height. A pair of broad shoulders that spanned like the monumental Qianli Ranges; powerful and majestic. A puffed out chest that emanated immeasurable strength and endless solidity with each rise and fall of breathing. Finally, a narrow waist supported by long, sturdy legs. Every inch was packed with well-trained muscles.

Unequivocally, from his unconventional good looks to his tall, brawny physique, only one word associated with the Duke of Wei Jing; dominance.

Seer. Dominance.

Indisputably, this mountain of a man was the true walking embodiment of oppressive power and authoritative influence to be revered. Undoubtedly, such a man was born to either lead or enslave others at his own choosing, whim or will. In other words, a verily dangerous man with a natural-born authority to master or suppress men and beasts alike with as little as a mere glance.

Seeing all of this suddenly, Gen Xue felt very honoured to be a personal servant of this very refined prince.

Having served so many masters in his days, this old eunuch had made some personal observations of his own.