Prologue (Part 1)

-----------------------------------

Warning! This part of the book contains detailed gore, abuse, and violence. It starts at this: 

     "Mm, I see. Oh! I just remembered; I have two things to ask you. One, what exactly happened before I fainted?" 

and ends around this:

Zero finished explaining through his shaking and tears.

I deeply apologize for the gore! I would leave it out if it wasn't essential to the story. Other than this part, the Incident is only mentioned and not talked about in detail, so it will be pretty vague, as it's a difficult subject to talk about.

-------------------------------------

   In a bedroom, a corpse-like body lays, sleeping face-down on the pillow. How people can sleep like that without suffocating is beyond comprehension, man. Around their bedside are multiple vases of wilting bouquets of roses.

     Suddenly, the person churns, and flips over onto their back. They attempt to open their eyes, but immediately shuts them. They close them again, wincing, because it's too damn bright. Who the fuck opened the curtains while they were sleeping? If they find out who it was, the person will hold the title "Satan's Anus" for quite a while.

     After opening and closing their eyes multiple times, they reluctantly keep them open, knowing they need to actually get up. For what? That's yet to be decided. They try sitting up, using their left arm to prop up the body they reside in, but the arm buckles. The body falls and hits its elbow and head on the wooden headboard.

     "Ow..." they start to massage their elbow, and then their eyes widened. They sounded really bad, which is a pretty big understatement. The voice emitted was a whisper because it was so dry and coarse. They attempted to clear their throat, but ended up turning into a coughing fit. They heard their broken voice, if only for a couple of seconds.

     It was lower than what they considered an "average" human girl's (?) voice would sound like, but sounded healthy. Well, as healthy as it could sound with what sounded like a person who hasn't talked in ten years, haha.

     ...Maybe they were sleeping for ten years, and they just didn't know??? Hold up. Something's off.

     They sat back up, slower this time, and looked around. This room didn't look familiar. Where were they, and how did they get there? The person swallowed some saliva in an attempt to dampen their vocal cords.

     "Hokay... " the voice sounded worn out, but was better than what it was earlier. "Let's figure out where I am," they stated the first objective to no one in particular. Well, I guess they can confirm that they were indeed in the body of a girl by their voice. Why didn't she bother feeling around in some places? Hm. Anyways, she twisted her torso to the right, placing one of their arms in the back, and the other right next to the right thigh. This resulted in her back cracking several times.

     "God damn, that sounded almost painful," she sheepishly chuckled. She repeated the same gesture to the other side of the body, getting the same amount of cracks as the first time. Then, she applied pressure with the body's left palm to the right knuckles, then her right palm to left knuckles. She bent her left thumb down to the wrist, and then the right thumb to the other wrist. To finish off this routine, she entwined her fingers together, and stretched outward, palms facing the TV in front of her bed.

     She swung her feet over the edge of her large-ass bed. Like, god damn that's a big bed for a single person. Anyways, she looked around at her surroundings to see if anything was recognizable to her. She heaved a sigh. Her memories were gone. That's what didn't feel right about any of this. How long was she out, anyway?