CHAPTER 6

HAYES'S POV

Tonight was the night. I was finally going to ask her out. I mean I was just gonna go and ask her out on a date and then ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend but I just sort of figured, why not use the gazebo at the park. I walked out of my house and walked down to the park with Nash by my side and I was a little nervous. Then again how could I not be? Every guy is nervous when he's asking a girl he REALLY likes to be his girlfriend.

"You okay dude?" Nash said snapping me out of my daze.

"Yea. Yea. I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. Your face is red as a tomato."

"Really?"

"Haha, yea."

"Crap."

"Calm down dude. You'll be fine. She'll say yes."

I didn't say anything back. I just nodded. We got to the gazebo and it had all of these lights around it, and I have to say, it was pretty cool. I walked up to the middle of it and waited there while I texted Hannah.

HANNAHS POV

So I was basically just chilling out on my couch, playing with my dogs ears and my phone rang. I figured it was Rachel because I've been snapchatting her, but to my surprise, it wasnt. It was Hayes.

HAYES- Hey, can you come meet me at the park real quick?

ME- sure. But why?

HAYES- Just need to ask you something.

ME- okay

I walked up to my room and just threw on a t-shirt and flip flops and kept the sweatpants I was wearing on. I didn't care if he saw me in sweatpants, he's seen me without makeup this is the least of my concerns. I walked out of my door and down to the park where I strongly saw Nash. Okayyyy.

"Hey Nash."

"Hannah! Hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"Just chillin."

"Um, okay? Your not with Tez?"

"Nah, he had something to do."

"Okay. Uhh, do you happen to know where Hayes is? He text me saying...."

"To meet him here. Yea I know. Follow me."

"Okay." I laughed.

We walked and talked for a couple minutes and then we walked around some hedges and there was Hayes. Standing in the gazebo. I walked over to him and saw that his face was really red, I don't know what's going on but I do know that he's nervous about something and it's pretty funny.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing I just wanted to ask you something really quick."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Well, ummm, I know you already know that I like you and everything, and this is a long shot that I'm taking but, will you go out with me?"

I was taken by surprise at first. But then I thought of something funny.

"Do you mean like go out with you as in a date or go out with you as in be your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Be my girlfriend."

"Oh. Then no."

"Wait what?" He said his face falling.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Yes." I smiled.

"Oh thank god! I thought you were for real."

"Well I'm not." I laughed.

"Good and oh um, I know you don't like mushy gushy stuff, but you've been going on and on for weeks about this certain charm bracket from a catalogue, so I got it for you." I said handing her a box from my back pocket.

"Oh my god. Hayes. You didn't have to do this."

"But I wanted to. Your my best friend." he smiled.

"Not anymore!" Nash yelled from outside the gazebo.

We both laughed as he hooked the necklace around my neck. I can't believe he actually did this for me. This was more then I could ask for but I really appreciated it.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. And one more thing."

"What?"

"This." he said pullin me in and giving me a kiss.

It took me by surprise at first, again, but then I finally kissed back, and might I just add, he's amazing!