I'm Dead, I Guess

(That symbol will be explained later on this chapter)

~Eiryn's POV~
I was sitting up in a tree nearby Camp HalfBlood, alongside the rest of my cabin and some hunters of Artemis.

I shot arrow after arrow, piercing the monsters with celestial bronze.
Seeing them crumble into golden dust made me wonder, were we better than them?
I mentally shook my head.
Don't think like that. They attacked your home, you're just defending it.

I was usually working back at the infirmary, but we didn't have enough archers, so here I am.

I wanted to use my powers over light, but that would have revealed one of Camp's strategically best archery-while-hiding spots, and shown almost all of the children of Apollo and hunters of Artemis.

Maybe if I did, Kayla and I wouldn't have died.

Oh, right, I need to introduce myself.

my name is Eiryn Connors, but my friends call me Rin.
What do I know about myself?
You see, I'm not so sure myself.
I was sure once that I was a Greek daughter of Apollo, although that turned out to be a lie.
I'm a daughter of Frey, a Norse god, who turns out, EXISTS, and I'm going to Valhalla.
Yes, I'm dead.
I died protecting my home in the Giant war, but I won't be going to Elysium and seeing the people we lost in the wars that I long to see so much.

a Satyr felt my demigod aura and took me to CHB, but it was a mistake.
The gods didn't want CHB to know that the Norse exist, because they feared a war, so Apollo blessed me without my knowing and took me in.

Anyway, back to the story of how I died.(Tangled, anyone?)

Kayla, one of my best friends from the Apollo cabin, was sitting pretty close to the edge of the branch, when Porphyrion, bane of Zeus, noticed us and sent storm spirits, armed with swords, spears and clubs, right in our way and Kayla was taken down from her branch and killed brutally by the spirits of storms.

Of course, in my god-like stupidity and rage, I had to avenge my friend.

I jumped from the tree, took a sword that was on the ground a little farther away, and started slashing at the spirits.

I hacked and slashed at them, but I was vastly outnumbered, and before I knew it I had a spear through my chest.

Through my tears of pain and sadness for the daughter of Apollo, who was such a good friend of mine, I grinned at the spirits.

I won't let them get me down. Kayla wouldn't want that.

"Can I keep this spear?", I asked the one that sent a weapon through my back, the only one I hadn't annihilated.

smiling cheekily, I looked at it, throwing the sword in my hand right at the spirit. "this is kinda cool, dying heroically and stuff.
Also... my last words...", I trailed off and smiled melancholically at the branches on the tree, knowing my comrades were watching, "I, and probably the rest of the dead, won't wish for revenge. I want you all to be happy.
Continue on with your life, keep on protecting our home and all of our kind. Please.", as hot tears were streaming down my cheeks, I lost too much blood.

The last thing I saw was Austin, another child of Apollo, picking me up and trying to take me to the infirmiry.
But it was too late.

At least I'm going to see Kayla and all of the others now, like Bianca, Zoe, Beckandorf, Silena and all the rest..., I thought weakly.

But no.

Suddenly, I was on mount. Olympus, seemingly completely healed.

"Eiryn!", the god of the sun walked up to me in human form, "Thanatos gave us a few minutes with you, so... listen up; you're going to Valhalla. "

"What?", was my oh-so-smart reply.

"You aren't Greek", Zeus declared, "You're a Norse. A daughter of Frey."

"What?!", I couldn't comprehend what he was saying.
My whole life, I was lied to... At my own home... The place were I grew up, where I held my happiest memories...

Zeus boomed, "a Satyr felt your demigod aura when you attended school and took you to Camp HalfBlood.
We didn't want your... camp to know that the Norse gods exist, because a war might've started between the two sides, so Apollo blessed you without you knowing so you would have the qualities expected from a child of Apollo and claimed you.",
Apollo smiled apologetically(Apollogetically) at me.

Athena sighed, "You're going to a... Norse Elysium now, and we need you to swear on the river Styx that you won't reveal the Greek world's existence there, unless either absolutely necessary or only if you trust the person you're telling completely."

"So... I'm not going to see my fallen friends in Elysium?", I asked.

Athena seemed uncomfortable. "No, I'm afraid not."

I smiled sadly, hiding my ever-falling-tears by looking down at the floor.
They wouldn't want me to be sad. I can't break down.
"Bring it on."

I was so tempted to end here, but I'm a very... Generous author for someone who sent a canon character down to Elysium in her first chapter.

------------------------~line break~---------------------

I was sitting in the 'welcoming' table in Valhalla, too deep in thought to notice anything.
I took a deep breath.
They'll be showing my death in front of all of Valhalla.

I decided to try and take my mind off the home I left behind, and started looking around.

I saw a friend of mine from the mortal school, Lina Calio.
Why was she here?
Well, it's not like someone normal would make friends with me...
I chuckled internally.
But anyway, how did she die?

I could see that she was thinking the same thing, but about me, as she looked at me and let out a light gasp.

It was hard to notice, but us Apollo ki-I mean, camp doctors, got used to tracking emotions as we offered mental help after the second Titan war.

I looked at the food.
Kayla would love it here, I sighed.
We always sat together at the dining pavilion, digging into the meat, casseroles, soups an whatnot after sacrificing to the man-er, god, who without him we wouldn't have found that wonderful safe haven where we were finally accepted, appreciated and happy.

My turn has come as my mind drifted to my former home.
A Valkyrie walked up to me, and asked for my permission to show the battlefield where I was killed.

I didn't give her my permission.
I knew that she wouldn't agree with my disagreement, and did my best to shroud some mist over the screen while internally praying to Hecate.
If they would see Greek monsters it'd pretty obvious that we-I mean, they, exist.

The valkyrie looked at me in shock. She narrowed her eyes, "You better not have something to hide from us."
Oh, if she knew what I had to hide...
"Show us her death!"

I looked at the screen, and saw Kayla, sitting on the same branch, her bow and arrows masked as a pistol and her Greek styled armor as a mortal military uniform.

I saw the storm spirits, masked as enemy soldiers, shooting her down from the branch.

I couldn't watch it.

I ran out of the hall, Frey's rune glistening above my head.
But no one noticed the harp that shined at the bottom of the rune, displaying my blessing.

It felt like it was mocking me for leaving my home.
Mocking me for my origin, my family.

And I never noticed Lina looking at me as I ran, and starting to chase after me.