✮ Chapter 6

❻

Candice's POV

Me: Ribbet, ribbet
Drake: ??
Me: its a frog, silly
Drake: O_O
Me: (>_<)

No reply...

Me: Sooo whats up?
Drake: Bout to sleep wbu
Me: Watchin :3 netflix
Drake: Hav you study yet?
Me: Hav u?
Drake: Exams 2morrow
Me: I know...
Drake: You should study
Me: aww (^^
Drake: Good night, C
Me: Night night gramps
Me: && sleep tight xx
Drake: Ayt, you too

Me: Drake said good night \(^_^)/
Becca: Of course, its midnight candice!!
Me: Did I wake u up? *kneels down to apologize*
Becca: Not really. I'm actually sleeping ryt now. Dis is me textin in my dreams.
Me: Didnt know U hav a funny side
Becca: Try sleeping & il text u in the middle of ur dreams
Me: Wow
Becca: ....
Me: ,,,,
Becca: go to bed !!!

"So, we'll have a date on Saturday, right?" dad asked.

"Of course," I said, kissing him on the cheek and closing the door as I walked toward the bus.

Dad just came back from his one week seminar and he thought that we needed time to chill out. He said high school exams were so tough that my brain would need a beach massage on the weekend. Who could say no to that?

Dad's promise gave me a boost of energy as I hopped inside the bus. I wanted to invite Drake but I couldn't see him anywhere. Mrs. Parks seemed to notice me looking around and she whispered before she turned her steering wheel, "He won't take the bus today. He's with his friends."

"Friends?"

Her eyes made rapid blinking as she tried to remember their names, but failed. I shrugged and walked toward our favorite seat with slumped shoulders.

"Hey," a parrot-like voice spoke out.

"I'm not in the mood," I snapped.

"Oof! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Leave me alone, Thomas."

But he didn't. He sat beside me and threw his super nonsense jokes. "Knock, knock."

"Get lost, will you?"

"Knock, knock," he repeated.

I knew he wouldn't stop so I replied unenthusiastically, "Who's there?"

"Interrupting cow."

"Interrupting c-"

"MOOOO!" His giggles were an acoustic hug. It worked its way through the autumn air enveloping the bus. Even the most stoic of the students stifled grins.