56. PRE- PROPOSAL

°° RAMI POV °°

-Be my wife - The words came out of my lips so naturally and so unplanned that I was only aware of their impact when I felt Lucy's body tense beside me.

Shit Rami Malek, you're a coward to asked her to move with her and now say this out of nowhere? How subtle! Shit, the things that having sex with Lucy made me say.

Lucy was frozen, I didn't even hear her breathing

-Lucy, please say something - I whispered getting up, looking for her face in the dark - I know It's not planned, but ...

-Why? - Her voice sounded small in a whisper

-Why? - I said confused - I ...

-I need to go to the restroom

- What?

Lucy got up, leaving me alone in bed. I had just asked her a tremendous question and she wanted to go to the bathroom?

-Lucy - I walked behind her finding her leaning against the sink, her face pale. She is in a state of panic - I'm sorry, love - I approached her - I did not mean to scare you, I know it wasn't the most romantic way and what I just asked you doesn't mean that next week we will go to the town hall .... But I think it was something we had to talk about by now - I tried to handle the situation.

She looked at me with big green eyes still without saying anything

-I'll tell you why - I said referring to the question she had asked me before - I love you, Lucy Boynton. You are my best friend, my ally, my confidant, my lover. I want to grow old with you, I want you to be the mother of my children and yes, in the future I want a piece of paper that proves that you are mine. So the next time I ask you I'm going to have a fucking ring and will be it - I finished, only until that moment I understood how nervous I was, my palms were sweating

-Next time? - Her lips barely moved, Lucy looked in shock

She definitely had not been ready for this

-Yes, next time. Because it is towards that is where our relationship is going ... Right?

Shit, Rami calm down. Give her a little time...

The silence enveloped us for what seemed an eternity, surely my heart was the only thing that was heard because my heart wanted to get out of my chest

- Just don't do it at the Oscars - her shy voice finally, her pale face acquired a pink tinge on her cheeks blushing - And maybe then I say yes - she tried to joke

I breathed in relief

-Oh, Lucy - I said with a breath - I thought you were going to run

-Half of me wants to do it - she confessed with a shy giggle - I want to be with you forever ... but it's so scary.... in a good way I think ... But this is not a proposal, right? - She told me with fear - It's like a pre-proposal...?

-A pre-proposal - I repeted it

No, I really would have liked her to have said yes and I would have run to buy her the most precious ring but I had to go her way. I had promised her before. Sometimes, as in these moments our age difference was noticeable. But I put myself in her place, at age 24 getting married was the last thing on my mind, although if I had found Lucy at 24 years I would surely have considered it .... Although, of course if I had, she would only have been 11 years old and there was the problem of the age difference again.

- First I need to ask your dad for permission tho - I thought about it because yep, Mr. Boynton would totally have my balls if I don't talk with him before putting a ring on Lucy's finger.