((2))

The bell rang for the end of class. The class waited patiently for the teacher to finish speaking before they all left. 

     "Taeil, please stay after class" the teacher requested. 

     Taeil nodded quietly. 

     Everyone else headed out of class, leaving Taeil with the teacher. 

     "Okay, what did you need?" Taeil asked, walking up to the teacher. 

     "I wanted to talk to you about one of your fellow class mates, Doyoung" he started, removing his glasses and setting them down. 

     Taeil nodded and kept listening. 

     "I want you to tutor him for me. He's a smart boy but he's been so unmotivated. I'm not sure why, I tried to confront him about it yesterday but he didn't even open his mouth. Taeil, you're better at talking to people than I am" he continued. 

     Taeil furrowed his eyebrows, nodding again. 

     "Would you be willing to do that for me Taeil?" he asked. 

     Taeil nodded "It'll be a little difficult, but I'll do it Mr.Kim"

     The teacher smiled at him gratefully. 

     "Thank you Taeil. I already told him so please meet here after school" he nodded at him. 

     "Yes sir!" Taeil nodded. 

     The teacher wrote him a pass, letting him go. Taeil took the pass and headed out. Taeil spotted another student alone and frowned a little. 

     "Sicheng? Why aren't you in class?" Taeil asked. 

     Sicheng was leaning against the lockers with his eyes closed and his headphones in. Sicheng took out a headphone, opening one eye and raising an eyebrow. 

     "I have a headache..." he replied "And I don't want to deal with a few certain people, who all, annoyingly, happen to be in the same group of friends"

     "Who?" Taeil asked. 

     "Lee Donghyuck, Wong Yukhei and Nakamoto Yuta" he listed off. 

     Taeil chuckled "They're loud but they're good kids"

     Sicheng rolled his eyes "Yeah, whatever"

     Taeil frowned, looking down. He couldn't understand why he didn't like his classmates. He thought they had it pretty good. 

     "Hm... well, suit yourself" he sighed "Maybe you should talk to them though" 

     Taeil walked off, holding the strap of his messenger bag. 

     But Taeil being curious.... 

     He listened...

     'Talk to them?.... I mean... that Yuta is pretty but... he's so damn clingy.. but it's almost cute on him...' 

     He sighed. 

     'Only Yuta makes it cute....' 

     Taeil smirked and kept walking, no longer listening. 

💭

     Taeil showed up to his first period class again for the tutoring session. He saw Doyoung sitting at one of the empty desks with his head down. 

     "Hi Doyoung" he smiled, sitting down in front of him. 

     No response. 

     "Can you take out the homework for me?" he asked. 

     Doyoung nodded and took it out setting it on the table. 

     "Well, why don't you work on it and ask me if you have any questions?" he suggested. 

     Doyoung only nodded. Taeil smiled and took out a book, going to his bookmarked page. He read for a little bit before looking up at Doyoung again. He had done almost the entire thing already. Taeil hummed, watching for a little bit. Doyoung finished and set his pencil down. 

     Taeil pinked up the paper, looking over it. 

     "You got em all right" he commented.

     "So can I go?" Doyoung asked quietly. 

     Taeil sighed, looking at him a little disappointed. He got up and sat next to him, resting a hand on his thigh, leaning closer to him to see his face. 

     "What's on your mind baby?" he asked. 

     Doyoung looked at him in shock, blushing. 

     Taeil knew what he was doing but didn't say anything, instead rubbing his leg making the smaller gulp. 

     "What's going on?" he spoke in a near whisper. 

     Doyoung sighed and turned to face him, still having his head down. 

     "I don't know why I try anymore" Doyoung spoke softly. 

     Doyoung wasn't sure why but they way he acted with him made him want to spill everything to Taeil. Like he could just curl up in his lap and let Taeil protect him from the dangers of the world. 

      "What do you mean?" he asked.

     Doyoung started to tear up... 

     With no words... he moved forward and cuddled into Taeil.

     He let it all out, Taeil rubbing his back and listening to him. 

     Between sobs, Doyoung told him how much he hated himself, the suicide attempts, why he isolated himself and his awful grandparents. 

     His mother was so supportive of him, raising him on his own. They sat down with their beloved grandparents and Doyoung confessed his sexuality and his dream to be an openly gay idol. He wanted to be someone people could look up to...

     His grandparents over reacted and destroyed him piece by piece, while his mother stood up and screamed at them, defending her only son. Doyoung ended up grabbing her and running when things got physical. 

      "It's okay Doyoung" Taeil whispered. 

      Doyoung sniffled, letting out the remainder of  his tears. 

     "H-How?" he asked. 

     "You're not alone"