28. Confrontation

Harry~

I was angry and pissed off. So mad at Zayn for just intruding my night with Amery. He can’t just barge into my house like that and yet he is brave enough to judge Amery. He doesn’t even know her, which makes me very angry.

I waited about 10 minutes after Amery left so I could have some time for my anger for Zayn to settle down. I inhaled a deep breath before releasing it. Zayn walked back in.

“Ready to go mate?” he asks.

“Yeah” I barely say as I went to the bench to grab my keys before slamming my door shut.

The drive to the pub wasn’t long. I was going through what Zayn could possibly want to talk to me about. It was probably not even important, I bet he just wants to get drunk and get some girls tonight

We arrive at the pub and it’s only around 10pm. On a Saturday night it is usually crowded and busy full of hormonal people who are always looking for some fun. Zayn and I head through the mass of people weaving our way until my eyes were locked with another’s. Dark and mysterious, his steel grey eyes were enough to make me stiffen and send shivers down my spine.

I took a breath before heading into the booth where Zayn and I sat beside each other looking at the person in front of his. His features were always so harsh and every contour on his face was sharp as a knife. The evil glint in his eyes was always filled with clandestine privacy.

I stared at his cold eyes for several moments before he cleared his throat. “Harry, it’s been a while hasn’t it?” he says.

“Yes Axle, I guess it has.” I say firmly trying to disguise my nervousness.

“How have you been?” Axle asks in the most casual tone possible but it’s still intimidating.

“I’ve been okay, how about you?” I return the question.

“Yes, yes I have been well, thank you for your concern Harry” Axle spoke with a tone of arrogance.

“So what do you want?” I ask asking Axle.

“Now Harry, why would you think I want something? Can’t I just have a good drink with my boy” Axle says raising his glass in the air. I cringed when Axle referred to me as his boy. Axle was once very kind and generous; he was like a father figure to me. He was like a father I once had. At that moment more drinks came by. Several drinks were placed in front of me. I took the glass of red wine and drank it slowly.

“No, whenever we ‘talk’ you always need a favour.” I say in a stern voice.

“You’re right, I do want something. I have a proposal for you.”

“What kind of proposal?”

“Well you see, someone has been a little naughty and hasn’t been taking care of their business” Axle says.

“What are you talking about? You haven’t assigned me anything yet” I say confusedly.

“No, but there are always things to accomplish in this business” Axle said with a growing smirk on his face.

“I don’t understand what you’re saying. How the hell am I suppose to know what to do if you don’t assign me to anything” I say with a much firmer tone.

“Well I guess you are totally oblivious to what has really been going on then.”

“Yeah I guess I am, please enlighten me.” I say.

“We’re running out of money Harry. Jay and his gang robbed us.” Axle speaks while taking another sip out of his drink.

I glance over to Zayn raising my eyebrows, he nods saying this is true.