Unexpected Encounter

I woke up feeling excited today. This is it. I've been waiting for this day. Aside from getting an internship from the most famous hospital in America, this is my first day to serve patients. When I was a kid, I dreamt of serving others with the use of my hands. I set aside my thoughts, take a bath and grab some breakfast for my grumpy stomach.

I turn on my iPod and look for my One Republic playlist. I stroll down the crowded streets of Manhattan. I stop by at Starbucks to freshen myself.

"What's up Bea?" My hare-brained best friend said.

"I thought you already resigned. You want me to kick your ass out of here Sheila?" I smirked at her.

Sheila was with me since we were in elementary. We had so many crazy moments, not to mention we were almost suspended because we went to school drunk and called our English Teacher a whore.

"The past days were so hard for me. I couldn't find any replacement job and my mother's birthday is almost at hand. You seem very happy today. What's with the atmosphere?" She asked while wiping the tables for me.

"You know. It's my first day of work today. I just hate you forgot about today. Now give your best friend a hug."

"Why oh my. Good luck bitch. If you happened to find a good looking doctor, give my number to him." She laughed really hard.

I go on my way. I put my earphones back to where it belong and sing while crossing the road. There is a loud screech of tires but I didn't mind it. Suddenly, I feel someone just grab my arms and pull me out of the road. What the hell is going on? I turn my head to look who it was. I gasp. Standing before me is a gorgeous man with grey eyes, beautifully curved lips, a roman nose and well-built arms. He was 6 feet tall and I can tell with the way he dress that he's rich. My oh my. What a beautiful sight! I shake my head to unclear my mind with these stupid thoughts. Get a grip of yourself Cross.

"You almost killed me woman! Get that earphones out of my sight!" He is shouting at me. This is beyond my imagination.

"Gee. Can you calm down yourself and tell me what is your problem? I can't see any reason why you have to shout at me."

"Are you playing dumb?! Because you were paying attention to whatever music was playing on your ipod, you crossed the street without even noticing my car heading towards you! Did you not see the traffic lights?!"

I am definitely shock at the moment. I realize it is my fault. I look at him, put away his hands which are on my hands away and run. This is supposed to be a lovely day. Seriously, I don't want it to be ruined. I find myself at the sliding doors of the Manhattan International Hospital.

I proceed to my plans for the day. I hate myself for being so clumsy. I know something's really wrong with my feet. I head up to the conference room for the general orientation. We were grouped by the head director into 8. We were assigned at the Emergency Department. Damn! Of all the departments, why does it have to be the hardest one? I'm so not prepared for this. Just seize the day Beatrice.

I had the chance to meet new friends today. Bryser, Lea, Jory, Chad, Belle, Thalia and Clark. Of course, I need to know them. I'll work with them for 3 months, so basically, it's a must.

"Do you know that the owner of this grand hospital also owns the Seline Casino?" Belle stated with frantic eyes.

"Oh my god! He's damn rich. Well, I hope he has a good heart." I smiled.

"I think he sponsors some charities here. He'll be here. He'll be orienting us at the Conference Room."

"Really? I see." Wow. I'll get to see one of the richest man here on Earth. The thought of it gives me chills in my spine.

I walk down the hospital corridors. Jory is running towards me with hard breathing and a heavy face.

"What's the matter Jory?"

"Sir Stanford collapsed while playing golf and I don't have anyone with me to attend him since everybody at the team is so busy." We ran towards the emergency room.

"Who's Stanford? Do you mind introducing him to me?" I inquired while running.

Jory burst into laughter. What's wrong? Did I said something wrong?

"You don't know him? You're a caveman Bea!" He can't stop laughing until now.

"Never mind jerk. I this your fastest pace?! Please do hurry running!"

We arrive at the department. I didn't mind looking who the patient was. I checked his heart rate and asked the one who brought him.

As I was checking his vitals, I saw his beautiful face. I notice that the man from this morning whom I had a slightly embarrassing acquaintance with looks like him. Is fate playing with us? I take a step aside and turn my back.

"What is it?" Jory seemed to be curious.

"Nothing. What time do you think is he going to wake up?"

"Maybe a few hours from now. From what I can see, he is suffering from over fatigue. I guess he's tiring out his self from work the past days."

"Can you manage him now? I have to make some calls."

"Sure. Check him after an hour."

"I'll sure do! Thanks Jory." I head outside the hospital and take in few deep breaths.