chapter 1½

Dick was silent as he stared down at the papers in his hands. It was boring, every time he got a paperback it had the same boring old letter written... An A.

"Hey babe," Wally said, walking behind him and wrapping his arms around his waist. Dick looked up, showing yet another black eye. Before he could speak, he was cut off. "Okay, you know what, it's one thing to tell me your clumsy but you have. a black eye, those don't just happen out of nowhere!" Wally explained, making dick turn around.

"I'm fine, it's nothing. Honestly. I just....triped" he said quietly, folding the paper and putting it in his pocket. "You're not being abused....are you?" Dick quickly pulled away from wally, avoiding the question. "The library is closed today so I'm gonna just sit in the cafeteria with you today if that's okay with you" he did. "Of course it is!  C'mon! It's taco Tuesday I'm hyped about it!" Wally grabbed dicks hand and dragged him to the cafeteria.

Just thinking about school made dicks anxiety play, to walk through these halls was like... Being an ant in raggy caret. Like the one from ant bully! Terrifying, and annoying at the same time. He sucked in a breath, holding onto his hand tight.

(Chaoter 1½ dedicated to tiffydo whether they realized it or not they did remind me that I needed to hurry up with the reboot so thank you)