The Night Everything Changed

Best friends that's how I would describe my mum and me she was truly a wonderful person. My father never let me out of his sight, which makes me wonder how I got here in the first place. I don't remember much about that night. I just remember seeing my mom cry for the first time and my father not able to protect me. They came in so quiet but they left so loudly and I can never forget the night my captures took me from my parents.

11 years ago the night before the storm

"Mommy Mommy guess what I got," I said to my mother as I ran to the living room holding my favorite stuffed plushie my dad just gave me. " What do you got their Kristin," My mom said leaning down so her and I were eye level. "Daddy gave me a pushie and her name is Ariel," My mom laughed and turned the stuffed toy in her hand. "Ariel after the princess from the fish movie," My mom laughed as she put me on her hip carrying me upstairs. "Daddy said that I reminded him of her so he gave me the pushie," My mom rolled her eyes but continued up the stairs. "You know when you were in momma's belly, your daddy said you looked like a fish," I screamed at what my mother had said. "Mommy Ariel is a fish I no fish," I said with a frightened look on my face, my mother just laughed and opened my bedroom door.

My mother sat me down on the bed and began to undo my covers, I crawled over to where she was preparing the bed for me and began to sing a random song I had heard earlier today. My mother finished preparing the bed for me and slid me under the covers; my dad came into the room and kissed my mom on the head. "Now Ariel take care of her she is a very special girl and I don't want to have take you downtown," I hugged Ariel tighter at my father's words. "Daddy its Ariel she will just have her princes send you to the dungon." My dad laughed at how I said dungeon. "You right princess she just might do that now let's go to bed we have a big day at the park tomorrow. With that, my parents kissed me on the cheek. I layed in my bed holding my plushie from my dad when I heard a knock on my window, I turned over to where the knocking was coming from. When I did I was met by a man who wore an eye patch, I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Within seconds my dad came running in the room, I shot up out of the bed and ran into him holding his legs. "kirstin baby girl are you alright what's wrong," I pointed to the window where the man was standing. "Man...man...man with an eye patch over dare," My father bent down and held me. "Do you want daddy to go check to see if the man is still there. I nodded my head and watched my dad walk over to the window. "Well you see there is nothing here princess," My dad walked over to where I was standing and picked me up. He walked me over to the window where I saw the man and there was no one there. "Look, princess, it was just the branch from the tree. Its shadow made it look like a person and that's what scared you," My father set me back down on the bed and tucked me in. He kept reassuring me that everything was okay but deep down I knew something was wrong. Even today I believe I should have thrown more of a fit and maybe I wouldn't be where I am right now.

The Next Day

"kirstin wake up its time to get ready," I turned over to see my mother smiling at me trying to pull the covers back. "Pok time," My mother nodded and picked me up out of the bed and sat me down by my closet. "Now princess I am going to let you pick what to wear to the park but you have to promise me you put on a jacket over it okay," I nodded my head and used the chair to step up to reach the princess dress that matched my Ariel plushie. "Mommy I wanna wear this pwease pwease pwease," I said holding the dress tightly in my arms. "You can wear it now remember to wear the jacket okay," I nodded my head and began to take off my pjs from the night before. I was about to put my dress on when I looked up at the window and saw the man from last night. "Mommy he is back, he's back," I said hiding in my closet. Mom turned to the window I was pointing at scared for her life but the man was gone. "kirstin I thought daddy told you about the tree last night," my mom said kneeling down in front of me. "I shook my head but mommy he was there he was really there he had an eye patch and a scar underneath it," I think someone has been watching too many cartoons today is a great day for the park.