A Chance For Freedom

Thinking about my parents made me cry for the first time in over 14 years I cried. I quickly whipped the tears from my face, I looked around hoping no one saw my tears. I was lucky no one was paying me any attention they were all preparing themselves for the show. Tonight was a group show my least favorite show of the year. "Kirstin get your ass over here we are on in 5 minutes," I walked over to the other girls they were all trying to put makeup on their bruises before they went on. This was routine we were not allowed to show how miss treated we actually were. "Alright, ladies lets get this torcher over with," Within seconds there were lights on our faces and the music started playing. I began to dance as sexy as I could I twisted my ankle night before. I am sure it's broken but it doesn't matter they would just send me back out to work no such thing as a break.

As I was dancing the boss stopped me. "You aren't doing the group show tonight," I silently cheered but quickly realized if I wasn't doing the group show tonight that means I am doing a personal which is even worse. "You will be over there in the off room, you will do whatever they ask you do you got me," I nodded my head and walked over to the other room. When I walked in I was met with 4 young boys who looked just a little bit older than me. "Damn, Connor the woman here really are beautiful we really got to come here more often," one of them with curly hair said I winked at them and began to dance around maybe tonight won't be so bad after all. I dance for a few minutes before I felt one of them put their hand on my hip. I turned towards the direction of the touch I saw the one with the curly hair bitting his lip. "Hey beautiful, you see my friend over there, the one with the blonde hair," I turned to the direction he was pointing, and nodded my head.

"His girlfriend just broke up with him could you give him a dance to cheer him up," I nodded my head over to him. When I walked over to him he looked up he gave me a weak smile and looked back down. I felt for the guy in front of me, I have seen many guys come in after a breakup but none of them looked like him he looked truly heart broke. I knew I was supposed to dance for him but I knew I had to try and make him feel a little better. "Hi," I said sitting next to him. I guess he was so deep in his thoughts he couldn't hear me. So I said hi to him again this time he looked at me. "Oh sorry love I was lost in my thoughts, you know you didn't have to come over here to dance for me," I shook my head letting him know I understood, I scooted over closer to him in my chair. "It's my job I have to do whatever I am told, but I realized you were a little down so I decided I should talk to you instead. He gave me a questioning look but turned so me and him were face to face.

"You know out of all the strippers they have tried to get me to feel better you are the only one who stopped to talk to me instead," He said looking interested in the conversation. I gave him ahalf-heartedd smile ,"I am a special type of stripper." He took a sip of his drink the called the waiter over. "Would you like a drink," Normal strippers weren't supposed to drink on the job but we weren't normal I nodded my head. "I will just a martiney," He nodded and told the waiter to refill his drink and give him a new one. The waiter walked out of the room leaving me and him to talk. "So shall I know the name of the beautiful girl in front of me," We were not supposed to give our real names because if anyone found out the truth they could turn him in and we could all get killed.

"Mel," smiled at me put his hand out to shake. "Tristan," He looked like a Tristan something about him told me he was a tristan. Me and him talked for hours but it only felt like a few minutes next thing I know the boss came in the room. "Alright time to go boys I hope you have a great rest of the night," I smiled at Tristan and said goodbye waving at the rest of the boys before I walked out. When I walked out of the room the boss whispered in my ear, "Get to my office right now you dumb little bitch," I felt a whole world of dread knowing what I was about to face in that office was going to be my worse nightmare. I walked into his office he was right behind me I felt him push me on the ground. The push caused me to bang my head on the desk I tried to pick myself up but I felt his foot on my back pushing be back down.

"This is not rest hour you dumb bitch I sent you in there to dance not to talk about your fucking feelings," I felt the blood dripping down the side of my face. "I have half the mind to punish you right now but I will wait tell we get back to the home. You are going to regret not doing what you are supposed to be doing when I am done with you," I heard the boss walk out. I waited a few minutes before getting up and walking out. When I did the loud music caused my head to start pounding I went towards the bathroom to go clean myself up. On the way to the bathroom, I bumped into someone. "Sorry sir, I will watch where I am going," The man didn't move I looked up to see why he hadn't moved out of the way. When I looked up I was face to face with him, "Mel, what happened to your face," before I could think of what to say there was a huge crash from outside of the club. Within seconds the building began to shake and everything around us began to fall I felt someone grab my waist and pull me towards the outside.

I ran out the door, I turned to see who pushed me out but I was by myself. Within a few second,s I watched the building fall no one else came out I was all alone.