𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻

A loud ringing woke me up causing me to groan as I hurried outside scanning the corridor for any evidence of Hope

A loud ringing woke me up causing me to groan as I hurried outside scanning the corridor for any evidence of Hope. Dr. Saltzman rushed up with Dorian and Hope. "Sounds like the trap worked," a hint of sarcasm laced Hope's words, but I was to droopy to respond.

Dorian handed Hope and I swords in case of the need of them. We made our way outside doing our best to be quick, but we were all obviously exhausted. "I know this is important, but you couldn't have put on pants first?" a light laugh escaped my lips glancing momentarily at Dr. Saltzman. "Little early for snark, Hope."

"Any guesses on what famous monster from Finland we get to slay today?" Dr. Saltzman scoffed "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu," Dorian stuck his hand out in front of me so I stopped. A pearly white horse neighed most likely trying to find a way out of its confinements. "False alarm. It's just a horse," we stepped closer but all I could see was it's butt the way it was standing. "Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell," I stopped remembering a key fact in this circumstance. "Except we don't have a white horse," I stated.

It slowly turned around revealing its horn perfectly placed in the middle of its head. I gaped at the thing in front of us. "Of course it's unicorn," it tried to get closer to us, and Dorian and Dr. Saltzman both readied their weapons. Hope and I simultaneously jumped in front of the unicorn. "Hey, Wait!"

"Girls, its a monster. It's here to take the artifact," Dorian chided pointing at the white pony behind us. "Your not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn," I exclaimed. "I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute," I rolled my eyes. "Can't we just leave it alone?" Hope questioned turning to it momentarily. "It's trapped, it's not going anywhere. It's harmless," Dr. Saltzman and Dorian shared an uneasy glance before caving it. "The girls are right. As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert, and let it be."

"Alright well, I'll be on alert back in bed."

Dorian sighed shaking his head before turning around and walking away. Dr. Saltzman followed soon after leaving Hope and I standing there silently. "Anything you wanna talk about?" I asked trying to relieve some of the awkward tension "No, you?" I shook my head no. I know I should probably tell my best friend when something's wrong, right? Well, I'm a little special and that gets me in a lot of trouble.

 I know I should probably tell my best friend when something's wrong, right? Well, I'm a little special and that gets me in a lot of trouble