Jay's Childhood

Jay: 5
Akira: 6
____________________________________
Third Person Pov

It was rounding that time that people develop their quirks. Jay was old enough to get one, but still hasn't. Him and his dad had went to the doctors to check.

"You're son does have a quirk." The doctor had said, clearing their worries of Jay possibly being quirkless.

"Really?!" Five year old Jay exclaimed excitedly.

"What's his quirk?" His father asked.

"Voice Mimic. The user can mimic anyone's voice by thinking of a person's voice."

"Sounds easy enough!" Jay said excitedly.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

The father and the young boy made their way home after their talk with the doctor.

*****

Once they got home, Jay almost immediately asked his dad if he could go tell Akira the news.

"Sure." His father agreed.

Jay quickly ran to his friends house and rapidly knocked on his door.

Akira soon answered.

"Yes?"

"Hey Akira! I know what my quirk is!" Jay said, excited to tell him.

"Really? What is it?"

"It's Voice Mimic!"

"What's it do?"

"I can mimic anyone's voice by thinking of their's!"

"How can that possibly help you with combat?"

"Oh, uhmm...I'm not really sure."

"If you can't fight or defend yourself with it, then it's useless."

"That's kinda mean Akira..."

"The world is mean. And it's gonna agree with me because your quirk is useless."

"Hmph. You don't need to be so harsh.."

"Then don't be so useless." And with that, Akira slammed the door in his now ex-childhood friend.

Jay walked home feeling, like Akira said, useless. He had a useless quirk that didn't help with anything he might encounter when he grows up.

But he didn't let Akira's words get to him. No, instead he lifted his head up with determination. He didn't care if his quirk didn't help him with anything. He'll train as hard as he can do he can learn how to fight by himself.

Once he got home, he asked his dad to train him.

"Hey dad? Can you train me to fight?"

"Of course! But you'll have to wait until you're older. Your way to young for me to train you."

"Alright!" The five year old beamed.
____________________________________