Year seven

Hi all. It's about midnight in the uae right now  1:54 am to be precise, and I can't sleep so here ya go.

Two weeks later and Hermione was settled into her new schedule. She had much more free time than what she was used to and didn't really know what to do with it. Currently, she was lay on the sofa in front of the fire in the living room reading, while Severus was teaching and the rest of the school was in class. She was thinking of going up to see her mother, but knew she wouldn't be welcomed.

"Hello Darling." Severus came in and crouched down in front of Hermione.

"Hello Sev, how are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

Hermione nodded. "I'm bored. I have far too much time on my hands."

"All your school work done?"

"What do you think, Severus?"

"Sorry, Hermione."

Hermione hung her head. "I'm sorry. Hormones."

"It's okay, love." He kissed her forehead. "Good book?"

"Yeah, I need to get more of this series."

"I'll see what I can arrange."

Hermione smiled and brought Severus closer to her and kissed him lovingly. Severus groaned and sat her up so he could hold her closer. Hermione smiled against his lips and pulled back when she needed to breathe. She snuggled close to him and he held her tightly.

After a few moments of silence, Severus asked quietly, "Have you heard anything from your mother yet?"

Hermione shook her head. "I've spoken to Dad, but not Mom."

"Why don't we go and see her? She's not doing anything at the moment, I don't think."

"How do you know?"

"Because she came to see me after breakfast this morning and told me that she wants to speak to you, but she doesn't know how."

"So I've got to make the first move."

Severus nodded. "I know you don't want to, but she's just not sure what to say to you."

"Sorry would be a good start."

"I know love. So, what do you want to do?"

"I'll go with you, but if she says one thing out of line, I won't be held accountable for my actions."

"I understand. Blame the hormones."

Hermione nodded and stood with Severus' help. Severus pulled Hermione to his side and held her close as they made the long walk up to Minerva's chambers.

After being let in by Alan, Hermione sat on the sofa and Severus sat next to her and held her close to him as they waited for Minerva to appear from the study. When she did she smiled a little at Hermione and took a seat in the chair next to the sofa. Alan sat in the other chair so he could step in if things got a little rough for either of his girls.

"I'm sorry Hermione," Minerva whispered. "It was just a shock. I wasn't expecting that sort of news any time in the near future. And with the stress of trying to do three jobs at the same time, everything just got on top of me."

Hermione nodded. "I understand Mom, but you should have gotten hold of me before now. I came to tell you because you were worried about me. And because you're my mother, I thought you would like to know you're having a grandchild."

"I'm sorry, for everything I said. After your father knocked some sense into me, I wanted to come down and apologise straight away, but I also wanted to give you space."