~~~ Coming Together ~~~

L was getting tired of this secret exchange between the two of them. She watched Bryce's head spin to look at Edra, she was smiling knowingly at him and he slowly shook his head. 

"Just as I thought," Edra grinned and gestured down the path. "So we'll all be going to investigate and there will be no more sulking about it."

Bryce looked away from them both and L was about to ask what they were talking about when they both began to walk faster. She caught up with them and tried to talk but Edra shushed her and whispered.

"We must be as quiet as we can, only necessary conversation from now on."

They continued in relative silence and L took them to the part of the wall where she saw the strange cloaked figure. Once Edra had examined it closely, L took them down the route she'd chased after the figure right up until the point she lost them. They stood in the middle of the still crowded street. Most gave them space and L knew it was because of Edra, who was visibly sniffing the air. L observed her closely while Bryce was scanning the area; a few minutes passed and Edra suddenly dragged them to the side of a nearby house. 

She looked worried and she whispered as quietly as she could manage.

"This is bigger than I first imagined, Bryce take L back to her house with the Worcesters and stay with her until you hear from me again. Only me Bryce, do you understand?"

Bryce was nodding but L didn't understand anything.

"What's going on? You said I could help?"

"I will explain later but now is not the time, go!"

Before L could object, Bryce picked her up and was running back through the forest with her in his arms. L was too stunned to be angry, she felt heat flare in her cheeks and tried to drain it by the time they arrived at the house.

Bryce didn't put her down until they were inside and he locked the door behind them. L could hear footsteps rushing their way and soon all three Worcesters were stood in the hallway. L hoped that if her cheeks were still red they'd assume it was due to the cold. Bryce was already rushing off through the house and L realised why when she heard him locking things up and muttering spells.

"What's happening? What's Bryce doing here?"

"L? What's wrong?"

L shook her head, she took off her cloak to hang it up and turned to face the three of them. "I don't have a clue, nobody will tell me anything. You'll have to ask Bryce, but good luck getting a straight answer out of him."

L trudged off into the kitchen to grab something to eat, anything to distract her from the rush of what had just happened. Robbie soon came in and leaned against the counter while she ate a sandwich.

"You alright?"

L shrugged, she didn't know how she felt at that point. She knew there was confusion, agitation and something else she wasn't willing to admit to. Robbie wouldn't and didn't push it, he stayed beside her while they listened to his parents trying to talk to Bryce, loudly. They all finally made their way into the kitchen but L didn't look up at them.

"We need to know what's happening, should we be preparing for some kind of attack?"

"Is L in danger again, are any of us? We need to know, Bryce!" 

Mr Worcester was in full protective mode, he knew he couldn't do anything against magic or the Supernatural but he would try his hardest to protect them all. It made L feel a fraction better and she looked over to see that Bryce had been watching her, when she made eye contact, he spoke and his voice was tense.