•WATER•

A guy running like he runs in the field at a soccer match. Yes, that was Alex. Running to tell his friends what he just saw. The problem is that he didn't know what he just saw.

"Why are you running like this, man?" - Michael, his best friend, asked.

Alex stopped, almost bumping into him. Pale like a candle.

"You're scaring us. What happened? I've never seen you like this."

Alex finally breathed properly so he could talk.

"I- I saw someone... A woman. Coming out of the water."

His friends bursted in laugh. Obviously.

"What was so scary about a woman coming out of the ocean? Was she a mermaid?"

The confusion was clear in Alex's face.

"Maybe that's it. Maybe she's a mermaid." He spoke to himself. Not caring to explain to his friends.

-------------------------------

"It's time Perrie. Wake up."

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

Perrie heard a soft voice in her head. She didn't know where that was coming from. She didn't even know she was sleeping. But she woke up.

Perrie gasped for an air that wasn't there. Instead there was water. Lots. Tons. She felt the weight immediately. Her heart crushed on her chest.

"Calm down, Perrie. Take the oxygen out of the water. Don't overthink. Just do as I say."

The voice was everywhere, like the water.

She breathed focusing on the oxygen molecules. Making them enter her nostrils. It even felt natural after a few seconds.

"Now let the water guide you to the shore. That's where you need to be right now." The soft voice then stopped. Perrie had a feeling that it wouldn't be coming back so soon. She was on her own.

That's when Alex saw her. She was being carried by the water like a you carry a baby in a stroller. And she looked peaceful like that.

She got to the shore and caressed the water, thanking it. And then she saw him. Perrie knew he wasn't supposed to see her like that. Humans shouldn't know about her. But what was he doing there? She shouldn't have been called with humans around.