Chapter three

Before we get off the plane, Gemma and I exchange numbers.

We say goodbye once off the plane and I hop in the car on the way to our new house.

In about ten minutes Were here. My dad swings open the front door, "Home, sweet home." He exclaims, telling me which room's mine after we look around the house.

I take a look around my room. The door's white and the walls are baby pink. There's an ensuite through another white door with a giant mirror and heaps of draws.

Good.

-

A week goes past, unpacking and settling in. I decide to call Gemma. I scroll through my phone until I find her name. I press dial and the phone begins to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi Gemma, it's me, Jess, from the plane."

"Oh! How are you? Are you settling in well?"

"Yeah, I am, it's great. What about you?"

"Yeah, it's good. I'm a bit pissed because my brother got the bigger room, I mean, he's a guy. Does it really matter if he has a small room?"

I laugh. "No, I guess not." I say, a smile radiant on my face.

She laughs too. "Hey, did you wanna grab a coffee or something?"

"Yeah, I'm up for it. There's a place near my house that I wanted to check out, I'll give you the address."

"Sounds good."

We say our goodbyes before hanging up. I text her the address of the cafe and start walking to the place.

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

It's a text from Gemma.

Gemma: this is Gemma's brother. She's not coming because I can't be bothered driving her.

Me: why can't she drive herself?

Gemma: she doesn't have a license.

A signal showing that Gemma's brother is typing appears.

Gemma: but I can come

Me: I have to go to some things Could you tell her we can go another time

Once i reply I realise that he has read the message but hasn't answered

I don't even know why I was talking to him I don't even know him.

In stead of going to the cafe I decide to go to Starbucks.

What would you like to order?" The woman and the cash register asks.

"A strawberry frapè please."

"Name?" She questions.

"Jess." I say.

I sit quietly at a table watching the people walk past. It was a cold day so I was wearing a sweater that says 'boys in books are better.' It was my favourite top as I was a huge bookworm.

"Jeasse?" A lady asks.

I walk over to collect my drink. I swear people cannot spell at Starbucks I think as I look at my cup. I go home and decide to take a shower.

By the time i have a shower it is already seven thirty. To be honest I am a little nervous of my first day at school tomorrow but I think I will mange seriously how bad can it be?

"Jess" my mum calls from downstairs

"What?" I ask wondering what she wants

"Can you go down to the shops and get somethings for me"

"Fine what do you need?" I ask walking down the stairs

After mum gives me a list of what she needs I hope into the car and drive to the shops.

As Soon as I walk Into the shops my mouth falls to the ground.

(Please vote and comment)

-Isabellaxx