1/2

THIS IS THE INNOCENT VERSION

"I said no Peyton and that's final," Josh said.

"You're no fun. It's just a Halloween party. I won't drink, I promise."

"Yeah, its a college Halloween party."

"I'm 18, I don't see a problem."

"Yeah, you just turned 18 last week. You can come next year, mom and dad would kill me if I let you go."

"Well mom and dad aren't here."

"I know and I'm your adult chaperone till they come back from their business trip," Josh says.

"But please Joshie."

"Peyton."

"Ugh. I hope your party sucks and no one shows up." I turn away from him and go up to my room. I grab my phone and FaceTime my best friend, Brooke.

"Hey hoe!," Brooke says when she answers the call.

I frown at her.

"He said no, didn't he?"

"Yeah. But I'm going, I don't care and you are too!"

"Wait what? Don't bring me into this."

"Julian is going to be there," I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

"Don't bring him into this either."

"Bring hot, tanned, brown eyed man into this who happens to be also downstairs currently that Brooke wants."

"He's there? Prove it."

I get off my bed and head down the stairs to the living room and sit on the couch next to Julian. "Hi Julian." I show him on FaceTime and I see Brooke freak out and I laugh.

"Hey Pey and Brooke," he smirks at the camera.

"What are you and my loser brother doing tonight?"

"Noah is finally back in town and he's gonna come over and we're gonna play Xbox, you girls?"

My eyes go wide when he says Noah.

"Well I'm gonna be bored at home all night cause someone is going to be hanging with the guys," Brooke says and pouts at the camera.

"You know you can come over if you want and hang out with the guys too," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, come over," Julian says.

I bite my lip and look at the camera.

"Gimme an hour and I'll be over."

I roll my eyes, "bye Brooke."

We hang up and I look at Julian. "You know Josh isn't going to let us hang out with you guys. We're 'too young," I say air quoting too young when I say it.

"We're not even doing anything adult-ish."

"You know he won't let me come to the Halloween cause I just turned 18." I roll my eyes.

"Well I kinda agree with him on that."

I scoot away from him and look at him like he ran over my dog, "and I thought you were cool, Baker."

He laughs. "Well there's gonna be drinking, everyone is going to be college, you did just turn 18 and we know how college guys can be."

"You are no longer cool, Julian."