00

His dark hair was dripping with water as he enteted the house, strolling ever so peacefully in, as though the cold never bothered him.

Of course, it hadn't.

"Emmett, you're dripping from rain!" A blonde huffed at him, scowling. The man, Emmett, gave her a short glance, liquid gold eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Oops, sorry Rose." He grinned as he continued in his way.

"Come on Emmett," she scowled still. "Esme works hard enough to keep this place perfect," Emmett rolled his eyes; even if they were to throw everything in this place and trash the house, Esme would get it back to perfect in the most, an hour.

"Yeah, I'll make sure to clean up after me."

"Hey, Jerk-face. Wanna play baseball? The rest are coming later, but we've got some time to determine our never ending war." Another man jumped from upstairs, landing next to Rosalie. She rolled her eyes.

"Emmett, Edward. My sweet brothers, you are pigs," she said cynically before disappearing off to her room once more.

The two shrugged. "Henry! Wanna be ref?"

They heard a smack, an oof, and a muffled "no see you later guys!"

"Whipped."

"Yeah."

"Race you?" Emmett suggested, and was quickly out of sight. Edward rolled his eyes, rushing after.

And still, Emmett lost.

●●●●

"MOM!" a voice shrieked. "Ben glued the toothpaste tube to my hand!"

"Ben, stop bothering your sister!" The woman called from her place on the sofa. She was consumed by the magazine, watching figures she could only dream about after three labors pregnancies.

"Mom, she ate my Lucky Charms!" Ben yelled back, rushing to explain his side.

Sue turned to look at her husband, who shrugged, watching the Football match like it was all that mattered. "I did my part of parenting today," Bill defended, as he picked up their younger boy from school.

"Ben! Nova! Get here!" The two walked over, Nova's hand loosely wrapped around the tube glued to her hand, Ben's lips pulled in triumph. After them walked Alex. "Alex? I didn't call you."

He stared up at her, before nodding and going off. The parents exchanged a look, before Sue sighed. Alex was a strange young boy.

"Look, guys," Bill started, obviously thinking about the extra parenting he was doing and hoping it would benefit him. "You are older now. Ben, you're 21, and Nova... you're..." he trailed off, uncertain.

"Seventeen," Sue informed him.

"Yes," Nova rolled her eyes at her father. "You have to learn how to get along."

"I must keep acting like this, Life Bringers!" Ben fixed his hair. "I mean, I am trying to bully the weirdness away from her. It isn't working, but it's a noble deed."

Nova raised her hand and squirted the toothpaste on to his face. "Shut up already!"

"Oh My God! You are so dead, Nova!"

And as he started chasing her around the house, the parents exchanged a look again.

They will never grow up.