Chapter 1

Hi I'm Penny my family just went on a little boat it wasn't small really it was double decker boat . It had only two safety boats . My family consists of 5 people . Me of course , my brother Jonny , Drake , Renee , Jess . My parents died when i was young . So now me and my brothers and sisters are really orphans . Everything was perfect before we were rich still are to this very day my oldest brother Drake runs the company now . We live in a mansion . Sorry we lived in a mansion . After my parents died it wasn't really home to us anymore . So we moved away to a cabin in the woods . It was long trees painted with a paint to brighten it up and make it shiny . There was a stone path way to the front door . Today was June 28 1999 . The day before my birthday.

Renee and Jess had bought the boat when my parents were alive . They died when i was 4 i'm 14 now . We had just hopped on the boat which was heading to the Carribian . A 3 day trip with gormet food . I didn't get to the food part really . We hade invited Devan the boy who lived next to us . What happened was all a blur we got on the boat and i stood at the very front with Devan right beside me the wind was terrible rocking the boat like crazy one of the safety boats had gotten ripped of they kept driving until they hit something i hit my head on the tip of the boat not hard though Devan held unto my hands trying to pull me up no one noticed i kept slipping and slipping until they hit a rock sending both Devan and me into the water . With no one even noticing . My grandma had always said live with mo fear when its your time its your time no knowing when which day will be your last . I was pretty sure June 28 1999 was my last day . Devan had swam over to me and tried to help me stay above the waves . The wind was making the waves go over my head causing me to sink .

Devan had spotted the life boat or safety boat floating 4 meters away from us .

" Penny ! Come with me i see the life boat ! " He screamed . I followed him and followed him finally reaching the life boat .One wave knocked me far under i couldn't breath at all . I knew this might be my last minutes here . I was shaking because of how cold the water was Devan had made it up to the life boat . By this point everything went black and i was gone . All i felt was someone wrapping there arms around me .

I woke up wrapped in a towel with Devan right beside me . I don't know what happened . I looked for the boat but it was gone . Where it had gone i hade no clue what had happened ?

" Devan . " I whispered

" Penny , Penny !! " He screamed

" Devan what happened ? " I whispered again

" A storm hit the boat went back to shore sending help you went under and weren't breathing and i gave you mouth to mouth respiration . You started breathing again and woke up . "

" What are we gonna eat ? Where are we gonna go ? Were gonna freeze !! " I said . I had to many thoughts about my family and what had happened .

" Theres blankets , canned food , pillows , life jackets , fishing pole . We have everything we need " Devan said.

" I'm cold i said what am i gonna wear ? "

" Are suitcases feel out too . " He said . Yes ! All my clothes .

" Can i have a blanket ? " I asked he handed me a big fluffy blanket and pulled off the cushions from the seats and put them on the ground he grabbed his own blanket and laid beside me . I cant lie I'm terrified of what might happen next . Starvation ? Dehydration ? Sharks ? Storms ? Never live in fear my grandmas words replayed in my head i tried to stay calm . But how could you not be scared right now . This was my biggest fear being with out family I'm 14 I'm not ready to live at sea for the rest of my life . What if i didn't make it back to them ? To my life ? What if i just give up ? Let myself die and not fight to survive where ever we land . Whatever happens don't fear theres always something new and happy at the end , fear ruins your life , make the best of what your given , never give up like your parents never give up . These are all the things my grandma told me . She is so motivational . She told me what my parents did i didn't understand . Why would i 4 year olds don't understand that . I remembered what happened there were videos on the news . Once i was 10 i replayed the video every minute of that summer . Hating my parents . They went to Greece and brought a gun . Giving it to someone and paying them 1000000 dollars for him to shoot the trigger . Work was stressful and they were drunk they weren't thinking straight but it doesn't make up for it . The guy was clueless he asked if they had a family they said no . He didn't know there were 5 kids waiting patiently for there mommy and daddy to come home . They stood there right in the middle of town there were reporters there were other tourists yelling for them not to do it not to . That guy pulled the trigger shooting dad first then mom . I remember what they said " we have nothing to live for anyway ! " As if 5 beautiful children weren't enough and having all the money they could ever ask for wasn't enough . Lots wish for the life we have some don't . We were on the news telling how we were now orphans the guy was arrested for murder technically they asked . I was 4 , Jonny was 17 , Drake was also 17 , Renee was 14 , and Jess was 15 . They knew what happened and knew they weren't coming back i waited at the door till i was 11 waiting for them to come back but they didn't . And i realized they never would be back .

Jonny and Drake are now 27 , Renne is 24 , and Jess is 25 .

I feel asleep in the middle of my thoughts i put myself to sleep funny ehh 😂😂.

I didn't know the time all i knew was it was june 29 1999 . Devan and me didn't talk at all boring really . I fantasied when he slept. I don't know how he slept forever . I had changed into track pants a tank top and a plaid shirt .

She thought it was so terrible for her " oh devan I'm so scared . " " Oh devan my family " Did she realize i had a family too ? Shes always worrying about herself . She thinks I'm asleep while she sits there worrying about whats gonna happen . All last night she cried and cried . Its not like her rich family wasn't coming to find her . Mine wouldn't know they wouldn't tell them would they . Ive always hated those Kingston's except Penny she had something special . She was different . Beautiful. What am i saying scratch that . She didn't know i was awake hope she didn't know .

Holy shit Devan wake up !! I thought he laid on the floor so i couldn't walk anywhere i cant stay still at all so you can tell being on a medium sized boat wasn't my treat . I sat on the tip of the boat silently .

" PENNY !! " Devan screeched i fell off the tip because of fear . Freezing cold water shocked my body . Devan sat up there laughing his ass off . I kept going under . My arms went num my legs went num . The water was so blue you could see my arms turning purplish blue . Devan didn't know how cold i was . I laid on my back so i wouldn't drown . I wasnt thinking straight at all . Penny . Grab the side of the boat and pull yourself up . I grabbed the boat and lifted myself up . Thank you for 12 years of gymnastics grandma .

" Penny are you ok ? " Devan said

" Just help me stand up . " I say sticking my hand out for him to lift me up . He lifted me up and i pretended to trip he caught me and stood me back up at this point he was at the very edge of the boat .I pushed him hitting his stomach . Uhhh he has abs for a 14 year old is that normal ? Anyway he tripped over the side of the boat falling into the freezing water . How does he like it . I let him sit there for 3 mins well i dried off .

" Come on Penny i learned my lesson . " He said . I reached down to help him up he pulled me in . He grabbed onto the side to hold onto it .

" Ahhh !! " I screeched .

" Are . You . Ok ? " He asked in between his laughter . He caught me in this arm and pushed me up into the boat . I laid on the tip of the boat in the hot hot sun . He climbed up and laid at the end of the boat .