Chapter 1

DUNCANS POV:

I was walking through the forest with my apprentice Kim. She seemed so happy.... it made me happy. Did I like her? No... were just good friends I told myself. I saw she was head and decided to catch up. She was standing over something I could not make out.

"Duncan!"  She called for me. I quickly caught up to her to see she was standing over a young girl.  She was layed on her side curled upin fetal position. She was breathing slowly and it was clear she was in pain.

"Kim..? What did you do..?" I asked afraid of what might of happen.

"Nothing I swear!"

I picked up the girl relising how young she was... She looked to be only 9 or 10 years old. I carried her back to my lab and layed her down on a bed. She had a huge gash across her stomach and she was bleeding purple blood. Her eyes remain closed and she didn't move much... I knew she was dying.

"Kim!" I yelled.

She ran in quickly. "Um... yes?" she asked

"Her blood.... its purple... do you think its flux?"

She walked over and looked at her wound... "No... I don't think it is....."

Purple that isn't flux..... Ender magic! That must be it!

"Kim! I must find Rythian.... He'll know what to do..." I said hoping he could help.

We flew to find his new base.