ten

doyoung's point of view

the sun was completely out as we arrived at an abandoned building. "hyunsuk...is here?" yedam asks.

byounggon nods. "the others are inside as well." seunghun said. as we entered the building, we saw jihoon, junkyu and noa sitting there.

"guys...where are the others?" seunghun asks. "upstairs." noa replied, not eyeing on us. i heard a loud sigh from junkyu and jihoon.

"why are you sighing like that? did something happen?" raesung asks. "i'm so scared." jihoon mumbled. "please, just go up. hyunsuk..he's not in the right state of mind." junkyu said.

when everyone was about to go upstairs, i stopped them. "guys, it's not good if we all panic and go upstairs...i'll be the one to confront him...just stay there...please." i spoke.

they looked at each other and nodded. byounggon gave me a pat and i nodded. i ran upstairs, on the rooftop as i saw midam and woong on the entrance.

"where's hyunsuk?" i asked breathlessly.

midam pointed on the edge of the building. i started to walk towards him but woong grabbed my arm "don't come." he says.

i placed my hand on top of his and brushed it away. "i can manage."

i slowly walked towards hyunsuk. he was silent, the whole city was silent. no cars, no lights, it's like an abandoned city.

"hyunsuk," he looks at me slowly and smiles. "hi, doyoung." he spoke. "guess you found out my hiding spot." he inhaled the cold air and closed his eyes.

"what are you doing here?" i asked as he looked at me and looked back up to the sky "isn't it nice if you sit on the edge of a rooftop and just inhale the fresh air." hyunsuk said.

"hyunsuk, let's go. we're worried about you." i tried to step closer to hum but he stopped me. "don't come." he said.

"thank you for being part of my life. everyone of you guys...i'm serious." he gives a thin smile. "but i guess, i want to be so quiet. to the point that...i can't even notice that it's so quiet." hyunsuk says.

"hyunsuk, please...just-" "i want to say goodbye to all of you. thank you for being part of my life. i'll always treasure you in my heart."

i heard running footsteps and everyone was there, standing behind us. "hyunsuk!" everyone shouted.

i looked at hyunsuk and he fell.

i suddenly felt dizzy and the world was spinning around me. i closed my eyes and hyunsuk's timer went zero.

my heart beat stopped too.