Chapter Three: Becoming Evil

The days had flown by and it had been a week ago today that Isabelle returned to Duke Jason’s estate, a week since the very feeling he felt for her came out. Love, he loved her, she didn’t know what to say to him, she knew she loved him but all she could do is look at him in shock. Soon he would ask for her hand. That wouldn’t be right, she is of such a lower class than he is, but he had said that he would make it work and that he didn’t care because all he wanted was to love her and be with her until death comes to either of them.

          It was breakfast and he saw Isabelle enter the room in her black trousers that hit her knees fringed with lace and her red laced corset over a snow white dress shirt. She needed more clothes, but she wouldn’t allow him to buy her more clothes. Her hair falling in its usual cascade of dark brown ringlets, and her eyes looked at him, they were green today as green as the spring meadows in April. She was so lovely to him. She took the seat to his right; his mother had gone away for awhile so she could figure out what’s wrong with Isabelle.

          “Good morning Belle, how did you sleep?” Jason asked as he read the morning paper trying not to stare at her and drool.

          “Good morning Jas, not too well actually, I woke up on the floor this morning,” she had been having many nightmares lately and they sent her to sleep walk and do dangerous things and each morning she would awake on the floor to her room or in the hall. Something had triggered the darker part of her and she fought to keep it in. Today she’d need to let go of her darker self in order to not hurt Jason, who now seemed to mean the whole world to her.

          “Of course, I’ll show you to the training room so you can let it out. First we need to eat,” he smiled making his face brighten with the room. Another servant named Joana served them hot cut up potatoes, fresh warm sausages, and a few flapjacks. The meal was silent, when they both finished they excused themselves. Jason and her walked down to the training room not far from the library. Once she was inside the room she closed the door and let the darker part of her come out.

          By the time she was back to her normal sweet self, she had destroyed many things in the room including, the boxing ring, a punching bag and made a hole in the wall. She set away and cleaned up most of the things, feeling bad because she broke them. She walked out into the hall closing the doors tightly behind her. She almost ran into Jason but he stopped her before she could.

          “Be careful, Belle,” he said as he held her to him, smiling and bringing his lips down to hers kissing her gently. She kissed him back just as gently, he pressed her body against the wall with his holding her waist, her eyes glistened after he pulled back. His hands gently moved up to caress her cheeks and he stroked them with his thumbs as he smiled at her. Their lips came together once again and her heart stopped in her chest. She loved him. He loved her. They had to be together.