04

"We have decided to sue Mr. Lee for breaching the contract and slandering the name of the company," Namjoon, the head of the Legal Department reported to you.

"Tell Mr. Yoon from HR to look through resumes and hire someone to take the missing spot and edit the terms of our contracts to prevent anything like this from happening again. Promote the best performing employee in the Human Resources department as the head. You are dismissed," you ordered.

Namjoon bowed and left the office with papers in his hands. Pinching the bridge of your nose, you stretched your arms out and let out a tired, exhausted sigh.

"Who is it?" You said out of habit when you heard knocks on the door. You didn't bother to look up at who entered your office since you were busy scanning through the files scattered on your desk.

"Miss Y/N, he's here," you heard the voice of one of your most trusted employees, Kim Taehyung.

"Let him in," you uttered, the tips of your fingers starting to press on the keyboard as your eyes moved along with the words being typed onto the once blank word document.

From the corner of your eye, you could see a figure walking towards you. Averting your gaze from the computer screen to the man now standing infront of your desk, you looked at him for a few moments before turning your attention back to the screen.

"Good morning Miss Y/N! I am your new assistant! I look forward to working with you" His energetic voice echoed in the large and spacious office.

Instead of a reply or a sign of acknowledgement to his rather enthusiastic greeting, all he heard was the click-clacking of the keyboard.

He moved to your side so he could see what you were so busy with. "If you need help with anything, I'm right here," he said in a now much calmer voice.

He expected you to say something in a few seconds, but those seconds turned into a minute, and a minute turned into five.

Why is he still here?

You were about to start typing a new paragraph until he went right beside you, bending his upper body to lean in close enough that you could feel his breath on you and put the tip of his finger against the screen, pointing at the numbers you recently typed in.

"Miss Y/N, you calculated the net income wrong. You start with the company's total revenue, then subtract the expenses and operating costs. You forgot to deduct the tax," he pointed out your simple mistake then started correcting the data.

"And now you got your net income, divide it by the revenue and turn it into a percentage then that's the profit margin," he leaned back and stood straight beside you with his hands placed on top of the other.

....

"You're invading my personal space," you muttered, not sparing a glance at him after he helped you.

He was expecting a compliment or a thank you since he tried showing he was efficient , but instead, his little plan to win your favor backfired.

"I-I'm sorry Miss," he stammered, stepping back.

Then, the click-clacking sound came back and he stood beside you in silence.

Three knocks were heard and in came Taehyung. "Mr. Park, it's time for the office tour," he said with a polite smile, making sure to keep his volume at a moderate level to not disturb you.

Soon enough, the new assistant left with Taehyung, leaving you in the solitude of your office.

-

Author's Note

hi !! its been so long since ive uploaded amour?? around 3 years now ? and ive logged into wattpad for the first time in so long and saw that it was getting a lot of reads and im really grateful something i wrote in middle school is getting reads woah 😭

anyways !! short n sweet was something i planned write after finishing amour and i wrote 4 parts 3 years ago and never came back aha,, so when i logged in i saw these in the drafts and decided to publish it as it still seems somewhat nice c:

if you happen to like these 4 parts or this little preview of the story, let me know i might continue if i remember how it was supposed to go !!