Chapter 1: The New Guy

"Sierra!!" A high pitched shriek pierced through my thoughts.

"Cate!" I spinned around and rushed towards my best friend before I hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you so much! How was Paris?" I asked eagerly. Cate Wilson and I have been best friends since she tripped me in kindergarten and later apologized by buying me an ice cream. We are literally the definition of friendship goals. We share everything, we have occasional movie nights, we back each other up and we NEVER go for each other's ex-boyfriends. That was a big no. Sure we have other friends. There is Blair, the party animal. With her beautiful figure and luscious blonde hair, she gets us invited to all the exclusive parties at school. Which include those of Rachel Lewis and Daphne McKenzie, the two richest of the rich and the fakest of the fakes at school.

Then there is Susan Fey, our girl jock. She is extremely good at almost any sport and is obviously build like a true athlete, tall and slender. There is also Lily Lindt, a musician by heart, Jennifer Galant, the girl player. I'm not really close with them, but we sit together at lunch and shop together now and then. And obviously the most important, we gossip together when we get the chance.

"Paris was amazing! The historical structures, sites and food... Oh my gosh, Sierra, you need to taste their croissants! It was to die for good. And there was this one cute guy. His name was Lucas and he is from England. His accent was SO hot..." Cate was like a hyperactive 5 year-old, excitedly filling my ears with her unforgettable experiences in the city of love. I listened with half an ear as I grabbed my books from my locker.

"And then he bought me this big box of chocolates! It was so romantic!" Another thing about her. She was a hopeless romantic. When a guy even looks in her direction or opens a door for her, she swears she'll marry him. I only laugh and shake my head as we proceeded through the hallway towards the other lockers. Cate suddenly stops in her track.

"Ah damn I have History first period. I'll catch you later!" And with that she quickly scurried away. Confused I stared at her short brown curls, hopping up and down with every determined stride she took.

Two strong arms snaked around my waist and pulled me close.

"Hey Babe" A familiar voice whispered in my ear. I squealed and spun around.

"Josh!" I exclaimed and threw my arms around his neck. He laughed and hugged me back.

"I've missed you so much! How are you?" I beamed. Josh Charleston and I have been together for eighteen months, and I have never been happier in my life. I can't even imagine life without him. Of course we've had our fights, but we have learned a lot about each other and he is the only one besides Cate with whom I can share anything with.

With his tall, lean figure and sandy blonde hair, he is one of the hottest guys in our grade. Before we got in a relationship he was one of those guys who got drunk at parties every weekend, but since we got together, he has changed. He even quit smoking, because he knew how much I hated it.

"I'm always good when I see you, babe" he answered and kissed me on my cheek. I smiled. "See you later Babe, gotta get to class" he said and turned around before I could say a word.

***

"He is so hot!"

"I'll take him anytime. Have you seen those eyes? I swear you could get lost in them."

All the girls were whispering excitedly when I entered my Mathematics class. Just on time, for Mr Anderson entered as I took a seat. Yes, I sat in the front of the class. Yes, have excellent marks in Math. No, I do not classify as a nerd, I still go to parties and I date one of the most popular guys in school. I work hard because I want to go study to be a doctor after high school.

"What are all the girls going on about?" I whispered to Jennifer who sits behind me.

"There's a new guy in our grade. He is GORGEOUS, to say the least" she replied.

Rolling my eyes, I turned around to face the teacher. Of course. What else than a hot guy would spook all the straight girls in our school. Mr Anderson cleared his throat and the class quieted. It sounds odd, I know, but Mr Anderson is one of the strictest teachers at school, and every soul in our school feared him. I think even the principal is nervous around him.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Before I begin, I'd like to-" he started before he was interrupted by a loud knock. The students glanced at each other. Who dares to arrive late at his class? Or maybe it's just one of the other teachers, or even the principle. He strode over towards the door and yanked it open.

"Sorry, sir, but is this the mathematics class?" A deep voice filled the class and a burst of whispers rippled through the girls around me. I glanced up from the books I have retrieved from my bag and froze. There, at the door of my Mathematics class, stood one of the hottest guys I have ever laid eyes on. He was tall, about 6 feet, broad-shouldered and lean. Thick brown hair covered his head, a bit ruffled as if he has run his hand through it several times.

"Why are you late?" Mr Anderson enquired irritated, although the answer was obvious.

"Sorry sir, but I'm new here and had no idea where the classes is," the guy answered with a slight frown. His deep, strong voice sent another gush of whispers through the class. I rolled my eyes. Yeah, sure he was attractive, but it's unnecessary to act like a bunch of seven-year old girls.

Mr Anderson only grunted in reply and inclined his head giving the guy permission to enter.

"What's your name, boy?" he barked as he sat down at his desk and grabbed a list of the students in his class.

"Chris Hunter, sir." The teacher was quiet for a second as he searched the list. With a slight nod he placed the paper back on his deck and stood. He glanced around the class and his eyes landed on me.

"Mr Hunter, go take a seat next to Miss Hilton over there" he instructed and pointed at the empty desk besides me. I groaned inwardly. I hate it to sit next to someone in math, because they always distract me from my work. But when a pair of emerald eyes landed on me, I decided that maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. Chris strode over to the desk next to me and gave me a warm smile which I returned absentmindedly.

Wow, he's definitely a work of art. Perfect. Wait, rephrase that. Almost perfect, except for a small scar near the left corner of his mouth. My gaze then wandered to his lips and for a moment I pondered what those lips would feel like against mine... I quickly averted my eyes from Chris, mentally scolding myself for having such thoughts when I have a boyfriend. I directed my attention towards Mr Anderson, who began his class, trying my best to focus on the lesson and to forget the Greek god next to me. 

 Vote and Comment !!