Chapter 4

SHIMLA

Its night....

Kaira is seen walking towards a small house. It was a small house with sloped roof to prevent the collection of snow. It was painted white from outside and had a small garden surrounding it.

Kaira opened the gate and walked into the garden of the house. She had a spare key so she opened the lock of the front door and walked in.

The house had small rooms filled with only basic necessities.

Kaira went towards her room. The room was simple but the walls were slightly worn out. It was painted in light pink. There was a small bed in the middle of the room with a blanket on it. Their was a small table beside the bed on which some books were kept. There were some racks on which Kaira's clothes were arranged. And....well this was it.

Kaira heard the door opening, so she quickly took out the packet of cigarette from her pocket and hid it inside the pillow cover.

After doing this, she walked out casually.

There she saw Leela in a drunken fit unable to stand, with eyes blinking  in intoxication.

Kaira put her arm around Leela's neck and held her hand, taking her into her room.

"You know what happened today?", Leela asked unable to pronounce the words clearly.

Kaira looked at Leela.

"That bitch Rosy....she won all the money...I know she cheated ", Leela complained as Kaira made her lie on her bed, covering her with a blanket.

Kaira didn't respond and started to leave.

"I heard that you spend all the money that I earn from gambling for feeding the poor brats", Leela said.

Kaira stopped in her tracks and looked back at Leela.

"I want an answer Kaira", Leela said slightly raising her voice.

Kaira nodded, her gaze stuck on the floor.

Leela sighed and tried to control her anger.

"But why?! I had saved it for household chores and other necessary stuffs", Leela said, slight anger in her tone.

"Is feeding the poor kids not necessary, Leela? And I know where all the money goes, it definitely doesn't go for the household chores", Kaira said, composing her voice.

"What do you mean?", Leela asked confused.

"I know you take drugs Leela", Kaira declared.

Leela looked at her shocked and then sighed.

"So you have been investigating me", Leela raised her eyebrow.

Kaira looked at her.

"You little piece of shit! How dare you talk to me like that?! I think you have forgotten your manners....no one talks to Leela like that....then who are you?! Get your ass into the bed right now before I do something you never thought of!!", Leela said in a deadly tone, walking towards Kaira, the alcohol smell filled Kaira's nostrils as Leela spoke.

Kaira turned back, wiped her tears away and stormed into her bedroom.

-----------------------------

UDAIPUR

Goenka Villa

Kaira Room

Naira is seen gazing at the stars, standing near the window. Her eyes glistening with tears as she looked at the bright stars with love and adoration.

Kartik entered  the bedroom and looked at Naira. Seeing his wife gazing at the stars, a smile crept on his lips.

Kartik walked towards her and back hugged her.

Naira smiled as she felt her husband's arms engulfing her.

"What are you looking at?", Kartik asked as he inhaled her fragrance.

"Kaira", Naira said as a lone tear escaped her eyes.

Kartik's hold on Naira loosened, as he heard the word 'Kaira' from Naira's mouth. But after composing himself, Kartik regained his hold and back hugged her more tightly.

"Why did she leave us Kartik?", Naira asked him with a heavy voice.

But Kartik had no answer to her question.

"Are we such bad parents that God snatched our new born baby from us?", Naira asked still looking at the stars.

Honestly speaking, Naira had started doubting her motherhood after she lost her baby. She held herself responsible for Kaira's death because she wasn't able to save her baby. When Kiara entered her life, her grief began to lessen and vanished gradually. But she still held herself responsible for her daughter's death.

Kartik sighed and turned Naira to face him. He held her face in between his palms and started talking to her, looking directly into her eyes.

"No we're not. It's just that destiny had its own plans. Now wipe away these tears. If Kaira sees her mumma crying because of her, she would feel bad right", Kartik engulfed Naira into a tight hug and looked at the stars.

"Our Kaira hasn't gone far away from us Naira. She's right here, shining among those millions of stars", Kartik said looking at the stars with a smile on his face.

--------------------------

SHIMLA

Kaira is seen looking at the stars in the night sky.

She was looking for the answers in the sky. The answers to the many questions which were hovering in her mind since many years.

Am I an orphan?

If not, then why did my parents leave me?

Was I a burden on them?

Do they hate me?

Why did they leave me to die on the railway track?

Do they know that I still exist?

She kept on looking at the sky for the answers, but her efforts went in vain.

She picked up the guitar, which she had borrowed from her friend and began to tie the broken strings.

After she repaired those strings, she slid her fingers over them making a musical tone.

She closed her eyes and drew a deep breath.

Dard bedardaa....dard bedardaa

Hain ranjishein tere mere darmiyaan
Ae Zindagi....

Gunjaishein samjhoto kii
Door tak dikhti nahi

Ab tu jee le
Ya main saasein loon

Zid kahe zid karna

Aaj rajj rajj ke mainu chahe rula
Aaj rajj ke mainu de de saza
Aaj rajj rajj ke dil sehne laga...
Sehne laga

Aaj rajj rajj ke mainu chahe rula
Aaj rajj rajj ke mainu de de saza
Aaj rajj rajj ke dil sehne laga
Sehne laga....

Dard bedardaa....

PRECAP: Will go according to the flow....